2 Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    Grandchildren and unpacking

Made goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi everyone!

Very good week Mamabug! Goals plus!

I missed one stretch session this week but overall, a good week... goals made.

The 'leg day' routines are now a steady 20 reps (2-10s) for everything (old trainer stuff plus newer PT exercises) with 1 pound ankle weights. Would like to stay this way into '24. No pain, just some muscle fatigue. Less walking after workout, grateful for the scooter!

One PT exercise needed less reps or I would have to skip it entirely.

Thinking ahead, which isn't really a good idea, would like to get a few more reps in and see if the body will acquiesce? Probably review next year.

Also: Reached out and left a few voice mails for old friends, and spoke to the wife of another who isn't doing very well. Plenty of trials for everyone folks.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      3 checked in this week.
      2 Silver Sneakers
      2x PT at home
      Grandchildren and unpacking

Made goals.
      Looks like you're still busy and being very active!

You're going to need a vacation when everything is finally done.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

I missed one stretch session this week but overall, a good week... goals made.

Magnifique!

The 'leg day' routines are now a steady 20 reps (2-10s) for everything (old trainer stuff plus newer PT exercises) with 1 pound ankle weights. Would like to stay this way into '24. No pain, just some muscle fatigue. Less walking after workout, grateful for the scooter!

Great efforts!

There's no harm in remaining hopeful for 2024. It could happen.

Glad to hear that the scooter is a help when needed.

One PT exercise needed less reps or I would have to skip it entirely.

Falls under the heading 'something is better than nothing'.

Thinking ahead, which isn't really a good idea, would like to get a few more reps in and see if the body will acquiesce? Probably review next year.

Hopeful for the future is better than dread and worry.

Also: Reached out and left a few voice mails for old friends, and spoke to the wife of another who isn't doing very well. Plenty of trials for everyone folks.

Nice reaching out to others, Jer!

Let's keep at it.

I'm trying like heck!
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I wasn't able to make my exercise goals this week.

Very weak core, arm, hands, and legs are becoming very frequent unwanted companions.

Needed aides to lift me off of the commode all week.

Over the past few years, my fingers and hands have been losing their sense of touch, or feeling.

This is very unnerving when you can't feel certain things at all, dropping things and not being able to grasp things.

I got a covid vaccine in my arm that 'does everything'. (My right arm is only skin and bone, so couldn't get it in that one.)

Needless to say, my arm was super sore, making it difficult to use for a couple of days.

Not a very fun week, but looking forward to a better one next week.

Ohio is having a general election, and I voted this week. Marijuana and abortion on the ballot.

Podiatrist came to check feet and trim my toenails.

Had last covid test for awhile, since everyone has tested negative now.

Ok, that's all folks!

Hope you have a pleasant and healthy week ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hello everyone!

I wasn't able to make my exercise goals this week.

Very weak core, arm, hands, and legs are becoming very frequent unwanted companions.

Needed aides to lift me off of the commode all week.

Over the past few years, my fingers and hands have been losing their sense of touch, or feeling.

This is very unnerving when you can't feel certain things at all, dropping things and not being able to grasp things.

Many aren't as forthcoming regarding their illness and still you are always so positive KoKo. Remember having patience in adversity pays dividends.

And please hold onto the '...no harm being hopeful' and the '...something is better than nothing' you mentioned in your response to my efforts and goals.

I got a covid vaccine in my arm that 'does everything'. (My right arm is only skin and bone, so couldn't get it in that one.)

Needless to say, my arm was super sore, making it difficult to use for a couple of days.

Been fortunate as to any sore arm but, I too default to better arm for any shots.

Not a very fun week, but looking forward to a better one next week.
            Yet another example: ....still you are always so positive.​

Ohio is having a general election, and I voted this week. Marijuana and abortion on the ballot.

Podiatrist came to check feet and trim my toenails.

Had last covid test for awhile, since everyone has tested negative now.

Ok, that's all folks!

Hope you have a pleasant and healthy week ahead!
            A neighbor is to supply me with an unbiased rundown of the local candidates since I know nothing about south central PA....

I could write a long thread as to toenail clipping but I won't do that to anyone....

And lastly no word on the Covid situation yet....

And a better week ahead K! OK!

We're all in agreement... let's keep at it.

Comment

I always appreciate encouragement!

Comment

Working...
              X