• Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in, 10-26-2023

3 checked in this week.

0 Silver Sneakers
    3x PT at home
    Grandchildren and unpacking

Made goals.

Yes; I'm probably doing more than my norm. But I'm not doing something every day, and, when I do, I just do little bits in short bursts. That's all I'm capable of.

Jer -- Sorry for your loss.
    ​​​​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

0 Silver Sneakers
    3x PT at home

Made goals.

Great1

Yes; I'm probably doing more than my norm. But I'm not doing something every day, and, when I do, I just do little bits in short bursts. That's all I'm capable of.

Actually, little bits of activity in short bursts is recommended for those of us who get MS fatigue from extended use of our muscles. You're doing your exercises in the best way for your ability.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

My week of exercises was really challenging!

I did the best I could, but motor fatigue / weakness prevented my efforts at making my goals.

I managed to do some of each exercise, which I'm thankful for, but not the full routines that I've been achieving.

Looking forward to a better week,

Needed help with 'lift-off' from the commode twice.

Well, we're back to daily Covid tests. This will probably be the norm, on and off, all winter.

Infection control nurse is going to give us the new Covid vaccines soon.

That's about it for now, I think.

Hope we all have a pleasant week, with the strength needed for each day!
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

3 checked in this week.

0 Silver Sneakers
        3x PT at home

Made goals.

Mamabug, you have been doing very well lately... even the short bursts! When exercising say an elliptical, you can (some say should), build in short bursts of intensity if you can.

Jer -- Sorry for your loss.
        ​​​​

Thanks Faith, I've prayed for her but doubt she needed any prayers. She was a shoo-in.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi everyone!

My week of exercises was really challenging!

I did the best I could, but motor fatigue / weakness prevented my efforts at making my goals.

I managed to do some of each exercise, which I'm thankful for, but not the full routines that I've been achieving.

Looking forward to a better week,

Needed help with 'lift-off' from the commode twice.

My week was similar KoKo, but will say I made goals. I adjusted 'leg day' routines, this week; 20 reps not 30. Did everything I had on paper or remembered.

BTW; Remembering your breathing works wonders in controlling panic, anxiety or stress. Gaining composure means better execution.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Well, we're back to daily Covid tests. This will probably be the norm, on and off, all winter.

Infection control nurse is going to give us the new Covid vaccines soon.

That's about it for now, I think.

Hope we all have a pleasant week, with the strength needed for each day!

Kinda hoping Covid-19 was in the rear view, guess not.

What is that KoKoism... We trudge on...

Comment

Hello there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

My week was similar KoKo,.. but will say I made goals. I adjusted 'leg day' routines, this week; 20 reps not 30. Did everything I had on paper or remembered.

Nice job!

BTW; Remembering your breathing works wonders in controlling panic, anxiety or stress. Gaining composure means better execution.

Thanks Jer. Unfortunately, the issue has been extreme weakness, and not anxiety-related, lately.

Kinda hoping Covid-19 was in the rear view, guess not.

The variants won't stop mutating into more variants!

What is that KoKoism... We trudge on...

We trudge on...

Comment

Working...
            X