Made goals.
    Only 1x Silver Sneakers
    3x PT at home
    Extra movement / steps with unpacking and grandchildren.​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hey Mamabug!

Good to know that you're still at it - try not to overdo it though with the new and old house work.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

I achieved my goals which are short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

I've also been trying to get back to doing pelvic tilts / modified bridges as being included in my routine. I'm working on them!

I needed an aide to lift me off of the commode twice this week. But I have discovered a couple tweaks in my technique (sit-to-stand) which has helped since then. Hopefully this continues to work.

My sister came over to visit and to cut a couple inches off of my hair. I like it to just 'kiss' the top of my shoulders. My hair was getting too long for my liking.

I'm grateful for my sister!

All is well here, and hope all is well with you! Have a very pleasant week!
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Pretty fine week Mamabug! Without counting the SS and the PT, you are probably doing more daily than before your move!

Hi KoKo, hope your week went well too!

Just finished the 4th week using the same altered exercise routines. Allowing for more leg work, and balanced enough that pain is minimal and familiar. Will they be beneficial in maintaining or even improving walking?... Jury is out but a guy can hope!

Will work on minor adjustments as they come to mind.

So I made my goals!

Side 's this past week. A friend passing unexpectedly another VERY busy with work, family obligations and the travel that goes with it all. And another, like Mamabug, moving (Virginia from NEPA). I also need to reach out to friends. The above passing served as a reminder, one another.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hey everyone!

I achieved my goals which are short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

I've also been trying to get back to doing pelvic tilts / modified bridges as being included in my routine. I'm working on them!

I needed an aide to lift me off of the commode twice this week. But I have discovered a couple tweaks in my technique (sit-to-stand) which has helped since then. Hopefully this continues to work.

Hi KoKo! Good week and you reminded me about pelvic routines, thank you! Also agree with tweaking your approach regarding anything. The answer is usually there but our frustration gets in the way!

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          My sister came over to visit and to cut a couple inches off of my hair. I like it to just 'kiss' the top of my shoulders. My hair was getting too long for my liking.
          All is well here, and hope all is well with you! Have a very pleasant week!

Got my haircut this week at the on-site 'beauty parlor.' Not much to cut and could escape the din quickly and quietly! Glad you got a personal approach!

Looking forward to the week ahead.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Looks like we were typing our posts in unison yesterday!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Hi everyone!

Pretty fine week Mamabug! Without counting the SS and the PT, you are probably doing more daily than before your move!

I agree with that!

Hi KoKo, hope your week went well too!

I'll say that yes, it went well, all things considered.

Just finished the 4th week using the same altered exercise routines. Allowing for more leg work, and balanced enough that pain is minimal and familiar. Will they be beneficial in maintaining or even improving walking?... Jury is out but a guy can hope!

I like HOPE, as it keeps my attitude and outlook in a much better place than despair.

Will work on minor adjustments as they come to mind.

So I made my goals!

Super!

Side 's this past week. A friend passing unexpectedly another VERY busy with work, family obligations and the travel that goes with it all. And another, like Mamabug, moving (Virginia from NEPA). I also need to reach out to friends. The above passing served as a reminder, one another.

So sorry for the loss of your friend, Jer.

Can't remember which spiritual teacher it was who said that if we would live each day with 'death' hanging on our shoulder, we would certainly live differently.

Let's keep at it.

Yes siree!

Comment

Working...
            X