Made goals.
    1x Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    Lots of packing; some walking around large, new back yard with rollator
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Made goals.
    1x Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    Hi Faith!

As I said in the past, any walking on uneven ground is a gift!

Glad you got out and about on your new backyard! Good week all around!

Going with a partial week, not really sure but still analyzing my efforts. Like last week time and focus wise (2 days legs + cardio, 1 day arms + upper body). I'm right on the cusp of poor walking at times but having 4 days (Thursday through Sunday recovery time) after my last leg day (Wed) may be the way to go. So....

I am going to try another week integrating the new PT routines with the old trainer routines and cardio both of these days. Not going to concern myself with any increases in anything... just to a steady honest evaluation of my efforts.

'Emotion which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it'
    - Spinoza

Oh, KoKo... I scheduled a flu vax and heard of another '19' shot in the pipeline. Neighbor across the hall spent overnight in hospital... Covid. She returned and feels fine.

Let's keep at it. Hey Boudreaux! drop a line buddy!

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Made goals.
      1x Silver Sneakers
      2x PT at home
      Nice job with your keeping active!

And walking on yard ground is a challenge for sure!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Going with a partial week, not really sure but still analyzing my efforts. Like last week time and focus wise (2 days legs + cardio, 1 day arms + upper body). I'm right on the cusp of poor walking at times but having 4 days (Thursday through Sunday recovery time) after my last leg day (Wed) may be the way to go. So....
        I understand the importance of recovery time more than ever before.

I get motor fatigue after most all of my activities now, requiring immediate rest.

Oh well, I do have the time to be able to rest in between activities, thankfully.

Originally posted by 502E79
        I am going to try another week integrating the new PT routines with the old trainer routines and cardio both of these days. Not going to concern myself with any increases in anything... just to a steady honest evaluation of my efforts.
        Taking inventory of our abilities is not always pleasant with this disease.

I try to keep an optimistic mindset anyways.

Maybe this progression will slow down, maybe myelin is healing while I sleep, maybe new nerve paths are forming, maybe with enough focus I can achieve some work-arounds, etc.

'Emotion which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it'
        - Spinoza
        I'll have to chew on that one for awhile.

[Oh, KoKo... I scheduled a flu vax and heard of another '19' shot in the pipeline. Neighbor across the hall spent overnight in hospital... Covid. She returned and feels fine.
        Sounds good!

Let's keep at it. Hey Boudreaux! drop a line buddy!
        Oui and Oui!
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          I understand the importance of recovery time more than ever before.

I get motor fatigue after most all of my activities now, requiring immediate rest.

Oh well, I do have the time to be able to rest in between activities, thankfully.
          I understand motor fatigue more lately. Looking at it correctly or positivity, extra caution is necessary after onset. Improper perspective can be looking into the abyss

Taking inventory of our abilities is not always pleasant with this disease.

I try to keep an optimistic mindset anyways.

Maybe this progression will slow down, maybe myelin is healing while I sleep, maybe new nerve paths are forming, maybe with enough focus I can achieve some work-arounds, etc.
          Definitely Yes! YES. And always go with the 'may be'... after all the truest thing anyone can say is 'que sçals-je?

I'll have to chew on that one for awhile.
          This Spinoza quote is hard. It may be that all of us judge emotion either positively or negatively when the better approach is keeping an openness everything (life gives us)? A kind of freedom.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Thankfully, I was able to achieve my exercise goals.

Though modest and not strenuous, the exercises make me feel like I've had quite a workout anyway.

These include: short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

I'm very grateful for the abilities that I do have.

I'm keeping a good attitude these days, which is always half of the battle in life.

There are very kind, friendly, and helpful staff members here, in all areas of occupation (aides, nurses, activities staff, business manager, kitchen staff, housekeeping staff, etc).

We have good interactions and conversations, so I'm never lonely here.

I've not been mingling with the other residents much, mostly due to fear of catching a virus, cold, flu, etc.

We have popcorn Wednesdays, where the activities staff brings popcorn to our rooms.

I get a big container filled as I love popcorn!

Well I'm rambling now so....I'll wish you all a pleasant and peaceful week!

Comment

Jer

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              I understand motor fatigue more lately. Looking at it correctly or positivity, extra caution is necessary after onset. Improper perspective can be looking into the abyss
              This is true!

Definitely Yes! YES. And always go with the 'may be'... after all the truest thing anyone can say is 'que sçals-je?
              Yeah, what do I know?

This Spinoza quote is hard. It may be that all of us judge emotion either positively or negatively when the better approach is keeping an openness everything (life gives us)? A kind of freedom.
              That makes sense. Feel the feelings as they appear, but don't hang on to them for long.

Try not to let the emotions 'take over' our spirit, our being.

Comment

Jer

That makes sense. Feel the feelings as they appear, but don't hang on to them for long.

Try not to let the emotions 'take over' our spirit, our being.
                Hi Jer and KoKo! I love this interpretation can relate to this. There was a period of time recently that I was spiraling down towards depression, but stopped it in it's tracks and told myself - Enough of this! Time to let go and move on. I am enough!

I have been following you for a long time now, but haven't participated. No reason. I continue to watch my grandkids and do some gardening on a limited scale. Some yoga when I'm feeling achy which is often. But, I do what I can. I enjoy and am encouraged by your attitudes. Keep the love of moving going and be well.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey Seasha!

It's great to have you stop by!

We certainly miss your input!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  There was a period of time recently that I was spiraling down towards depression, but stopped it in it's tracks and told myself - Enough of this! Time to let go and move on. I am enough!
                  Well that's sure telling yourself! That's some powerful self-talk! Good for you Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha
                  have been following you for a long time now, but haven't participated. No reason. I continue to watch my grandkids and dome gardening on a limited scale. Some yoga when I'm feeling achy which is often. But, I do what I can. I enjoy and am encouraged by your attitudes. Keep the love of moving going and be well.
                  Thanks for the update. Hope you stop by more often, even just to comment (on anything).

Comment

Working...
                  X