Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters check-in thread for September 21, 2023

Late again.

I'll say I made goals. Did 1 or 2 silver Sneakers. I don't even remember. And 2+3 PT at home. And packing.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Late again.

I'll say I made goals. Did 1 or 2 silver Sneakers. I don't even remember. And 2+3 PT at home. And packing.

Mamabug!... packing and all that goes with it qualifies as exercise, MO. Glad things are happening and happy to respond to the thread before I forget last week too.

It's been over a month since I decided to focus more on leg exercises. Haven't found a balance yet but feel I am getting closer. To add too much results in difficulties, walking abilities are compromised. But some variety in routines appears to help. How much? Don't know yet.

A few worthy benefits I noticed.... Floor work routines for legs are improving my bad arm! Yeah, who knew? All the rolling around on a thick yoga mat is working my poor arm's shoulder girdle. Resulting in a bit more arm movement !

Also... Increased patience with efforts and results. Patience in general really, has improved. This is interesting since I've been a pretty patient fellow since my DX anyhow.

And the damp cool weather from the NE low, off the eastern seaboard had no effect on my workouts.... Hmmm.

Hope we all keep at it!

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Late again.

We know that you're very busy, Mamabug. Not to worry about being late!

You're getting a lot of physical and mental activity with preparing to move!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        It's been over a month since I decided to focus more on leg exercises. Haven't found a balance yet but feel I am getting closer. To add too much results in difficulties, walking abilities are compromised. But some variety in routines appears to help. How much? Don't know yet.
        You're doing a fantastic job with the effort you put in to exercise! I do believe that variety with exercises is beneficial.

Originally posted by 502E79
        A few worthy benefits I noticed.... Floor work routines for legs are improving my bad arm! Yeah, who knew? All the rolling around on a thick yoga mat is working my poor arm's shoulder girdle. Resulting in a bit more arm movement !
        Well that's a pleasant surprise!

Also... Increased patience with efforts and results. Patience in general really, has improved. This is interesting since I've been a pretty patient fellow since my DX anyhow.
        Patience is a necessity now!

And the damp cool weather from the NE low, off the eastern seaboard had no effect on my workouts.... Hmmm.
        That's another pleasant surprise!

Hope we all keep at it!
        Me too, as best as we can.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

I achieved my goals which are: short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.​

Haven't been able to add or increase the exercises, but I'm doing my best at this time.

Virus testing has ended for now, as everyone has finally tested negative.

Everything went A-OK this week. Can't think of anything out of the ordinary to speak of!

So ....I'll talk to you later.

Have a pleasant and positive week everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X