• Show
Clear All

Goalposters check-in for 09-14-2023

Starting thread for this week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Sorry I'm late; life is busy.
    Beginning to pack things. We close on the new house on Friday. We plan to move in two weeks.

We're working on scheduling things to help get our current house ready to put on the market.
    - Adding Egress window in the basement so we can market it as 3 BR instead of 2 BR.
    - Trying to hire someone to paint indoors
    - scheduling auction to get rid of unwanted stuff
    - etc

Still trying to fit the rest of life in in-between. Giving piano lessons to 7 y.o. grandson. Attending soccer games if 7 y.o. and 5 y.o. Occasional babysitting.for short spurts.

Going to rec center for Silver Sneakers exercise, doing PT at home.

I met goals this week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Looks like there can be no concern with your keeping physically in motion!

Your post made me feel tired!

Wishing for you and your family smooth sailing with the move, and with all of the other work that's involved.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was able to achieve my modest exercise goals

These included short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.​

Needed the nurse aide to help me get up off of the commode once this week. I just couldn't do a 'lift off'!

I'm disappointed when that happens.

I had four covid tests (every other day) during the week, all negative thankfully.

Looks like the infection control nurse wants to keep on top of things.

Got a pneumonia shot. The flu shot is coming shortly.

Activities person brought Frankie, the resident dog, into my room for a visit.

She's a large (very tall) labradoodle (or golden doodle?). Very cute!

Well, that's all for now folks!

Hope you have a nice week!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Sorry I'm late; life is busy.
          Beginning to pack things. We close on the new house on Friday. We plan to move in two weeks.

We're working on scheduling things to help get our current house ready to put on the market.
          - Adding Egress window in the basement so we can market it as 3 BR instead of 2 BR.
          - Trying to hire someone to paint indoors
          - scheduling auction to get rid of unwanted stuff
          - etc

Still trying to fit the rest of life in in-between. Giving piano lessons to 7 y.o. grandson. Attending soccer games if 7 y.o. and 5 y.o. Occasional babysitting.for short spurts.

Going to rec center for Silver Sneakers exercise, doing PT at home.

I met goals this week

You are the hands down winner as to activity Mamabug!

Hope all goes smooth with everything planned and if not as smooth as you would like... NO stressing, Ok?

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hello everyone!

I was able to achieve my modest exercise goals

These included short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

Mark it down as a good week KoKo, any week that has only one faux pas is fine with me!

I had four covid tests (every other day) during the week, all negative thankfully.

Looks like the infection control nurse wants to keep on top of things.

Got a pneumonia shot. The flu shot is coming shortly.

Sounds like they are exceptionally cautious! Like it.

I'm getting use to a portal system which was introduced recently. Events, messages, all communication to residents through one pipeline!... going to have to look for 'injection season' information.

Activities person brought Frankie, the resident dog, into my room for a visit.

She's a large (very tall) labradoodle (or golden doodle?). Very cute!

Well, that's all for now folks!

Hope you have a nice week!​

Another like! I'm partial to both labs & 'doodles'

Comment

My week highlights....

Success, although like most things, not as planned. You roll with it.

Have increased my leg work using a mix of old trainer routines and new PT exercises. Took more time with completion of 30 reps per exercise. Sounds great but some sets have very little muscle response. Disappointing but even a one inch rep ROM is better than last week.

Before starting each of the 2 days of leg work I did a mile on elliptical with resistance as a warm-up. Being able to do this before the floor work made me feel petty good.

As it stands my Friday remains the same: work on arms, upper body, abs, etc.

Really don't know where all of this is leading but having thought about my response to Sasha's 'pain' thread...

maybe the continued ROM work within these routines and daily stretching diminishes the pain I encounter with spasticity?

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Success, although like most things, not as planned. You roll with it.
                Just roll with it baby!

Originally posted by 502E79
                Have increased my leg work using a mix of old trainer routines and new PT exercises. Took more time with completion of 30 reps per exercise. Sounds great but some sets have very little muscle response. Disappointing but even a one inch rep ROM is better than last week.
                You give the exercises a great effort. I don't believe anything we work on is wasted.

Before starting each of the 2 days of leg work I did a mile on elliptical with resistance as a warm-up. Being able to do this before the floor work made me feel pretty good.
                Marvelous!

As it stands my Friday remains the same: work on arms, upper body, abs, etc.

Really don't know where all of this is leading but having thought about my response to Sasha's 'pain' thread...

maybe the continued ROM work within these routines and daily stretching diminishes the pain I encounter with spasticity?

Let's keep at it.

Most definitely, regular exercising and stretching do help with reducing painful spasticity.

Got to keep at it!

Comment

Working...
                X