Goalpostets exercise thread 08-10-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalpostets exercise thread 08-10-2023

Thanks for starting last week's thread, Koko. We had a good vacation. Got home yesterday evening.

As per my plan, I didn't set measurable goals. But I walked more, was more active in that way, even though I didn't attend Silver Sneakers classes or do any strength training.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Mamabug, Welcome home!

Happy you're happy... and active! A change of venue and routines can add to confidence as well as keeping the body in motion.

Had a good week although different. I altered my program due to the PT session Wednesday. So on Friday I used the printouts of leg / ab exercises from the week before and added them to my normal stuff.

Plus side I could do everything printed... the minus was reps varied widely regardless of halving sets. When the exercise bordered on poor, I called it quits. Do it right, exercise patience.

After a short rest my focus on walking wasn't as concentrated?! This is good, better transmission of information: leg position, balance, strength between brain and muscle groups! Resulting in mind and body naturally engaged.

Or as bad in not reminding myself to focus at all times (over confident!).

The goal this week will be to find a reasonable balance. What we all want, n'est pas?

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hello Mamabug1

Welcome back!

I'm glad to hear that you had a good vacation.

I'm sure that you were plenty active.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Had a good week although different. I altered my program due to the PT session Wednesday. So on Friday I used the printouts of leg / ab exercises from the week before and added them to my normal stuff.

Plus side I could do everything printed... the minus was reps varied widely regardless of halving sets. When the exercise bordered on poor, I called it quits. Do it right, exercise patience.

After a short rest my focus on walking wasn't as concentrated?! This is good, better transmission of information: leg position, balance, strength between brain and muscle groups! Resulting in mind and body naturally engaged.
        Glad to hear that you had good week, even if you had to practice some discernment regarding reps and performance ability.

I do get what you're saying about focus,

When my nerve signals are transmitting better than usual, I don't need to concentrate so intensely.

And I love when that happens!

Originally posted by 502E79
        Or as bad in not reminding myself to focus at all times (over confident!).
        I haven't felt overconfident for quite a while.

The goal this week will be to find a reasonable balance. What we all want, n'est pas?
        Oui, monsieur!

Let's keep at it.
        Oui!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

I accomplished my goals +.

My goals have remained the same: short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

The + is for the extra effort used for pushing myself back into my chair.

It can take several attempts before I'm there, which is using arm and leg and ab muscle power

Some attempts are coming a little easier now. Hopefully improvement continues

The podiatrist came and checked out my feet (doppler, pin pricks, etc) and received a good report.

My toes do better with feeling than my fingers!

That's all for now! Enjoy your week!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

The + is for the extra effort used for pushing myself back into my chair.

It can take several attempts before I'm there, which is using arm and leg and ab muscle power

Some attempts are coming a little easier now. Hopefully improvement continues

KoKo! + + +

Comment

Working...
            X