X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in for 07-27-23

The goalposters exercise check in, 07-27-2023

07-29-2023, 09:53 AM

Sorry that this doesn't look as it should....

Hi everyone!

With apologies for the initiation of the thread, best I could do was a cut'n'paste without font weight variations etc... too a long story.

I did all the stuff I usually do plus an extra hour with a PT! He spent most of the time in review of some of the things I do weekly, although not all. It was enough for him to make a few generalizations. They were on the mark !

He also gave a few variations on things I hate to do but help. I was pleased and noticed an improvement after a short rest. Even somewhat the next day! Sadly they were very close to routines I had with my former trainer but forgotten! Now know that 2020 (COVID!) and my trainers moving really effected exercise despite my efforts. I will renew those efforts since they focus on leg, therefore walking. This coming week I have a different PT... not sure that is the way to go!?!

Side 's: Managed to finish dental work (6-8 months) with 2 implants in. Made some calls to relatives and a friend too, overdue. Actually got a bit of sleep a few days this week! Rare.

Again, sorry Mamabug for the makeshift thread. How are things KoKo? Anyone else?

Let's keep at it.

Comment

I was just getting ready to start this. Thanks for beating me to the punch. I was late again.

Made goals.

​​​​​2x Silver Sneakers
      2x PT at home.

I'm not going to set goals for the next couple of weeks. We'll be on vacation from August 1-9. Going to Canada to visit my Dad.

I expect that I won't do traditional, measurable exercise, but that my daily activity will often be more active than my norm. So maybe it will sort of balance out but would be difficult to record.

- Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I expect that I won't do traditional, measurable exercise, but that my daily activity will often be more active than my norm. So maybe it will sort of balance out but would be difficult to record.

You had a good week Mamabug!

Also agree as to 'measurable exercise' compared to AOLs experienced in a different environment. Just being in social situations continuously counts as exercise for me. I find it necessary to be 'on my toes.' And being aware takes a toll!

Have a great week and give us a glimpse of trip when you return.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Made goals.

2x Silver Sneakers
          2x PT at home.
          Super duper!

Originally posted by Mamabug
          I'm not going to set goals for the next couple of weeks. We'll be on vacation from August 1-9. Going to Canada to visit my Dad.

Wholeheartedly agree!

Have a wonderful trip and family time!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

I did all the stuff I usually do plus an extra hour with a PT! He spent most of the time in review of some of the things I do weekly, although not all. It was enough for him to make a few generalizations. They were on the mark !

He also gave a few variations on things I hate to do but help. I was pleased and noticed an improvement after a short rest. Even somewhat the next day! Sadly they were very close to routines I had with my former trainer but forgotten! Now know that 2020 (COVID!) and my trainers moving really effected exercise despite my efforts. I will renew those efforts since they focus on leg, therefore walking. This coming week I have a different PT... not sure that is the way to go!?!
            Looks like you had a productive week with exercise and PT session! Super duper for you as well!

Originally posted by 502E79
            Side 's: Managed to finish dental work (6-8 months) with 2 implants in. Made some calls to relatives and a friend too, overdue. Actually got a bit of sleep a few days this week! Rare.
            Dental work finished=relief!

Multiple phone calls=Mr. social butterfly!

Good sleep=priceless (myelin repair)

Originally posted by 502E79
            Let's keep at it.
            Right on! (old time expression )

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was able to achieve and maintain the same exercise goals of recent weeks.

These included short walks and short standing times daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

I'm still exerting maximum focus during most activities. This uses much mental and emotional energy, resulting in temporary fatigue.

Oops, my sister just called, and is on her way over here now, so gotta go.
              Hope we all have a pleasant week ahead!

Comment

Working...
              X