Clear All

The goalposters exercise check in, 07-20-2023

The goalposters exercise Check in, 07-20-2023

Let's check in this week!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

2x Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Nice job on achieving your goals!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I achieved my goals as well.

I'm still on an exercise plateau, with no real changes in my activity level for the past few weeks.

That's OK with me, as I'm not decreasing the activity level either.

My exercises included short walks and standing times daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, and breathing exercises.

I've been able to do my sit-to-stands successfully, and haven't needed to be lifted up by the nurse aides during the past two weeks.

My sister and brother-in-law came over today and brought home-grown green onions, cherry tomatoes, and a poblano pepper (which wasn't hot). I ate them all with my supper!

Hope you have a pleasant week, having the capacity to recognize all of the times when things do go your way.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          ....Hope you have a pleasant week, having the capacity to recognize all of the times when things do go your way.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the reminder KoKo ! ! !

Two weeks! 10 through 14 July was a solid week with my goals (keeping at it) made. Ground work laid for my previously mentioned scripts too.

Week 17 through 21 was a partial, due to a friends visit yesterday...! Took Friday off, we had lunch, and caught up in person. Have to say that 4 hours of conversation was near overwhelming but knew going in that listening would be as rewarding as anything I had to say. And so it went. Nice.

Funny that my friend felt I was walking better than when we last met a year ago?! I may have appeared so but I don't feel that way.

As to the above mentioned scripts. The PT here at the CCRC received my script and we met for an evaluation this past Wednesday. It was similar to a neurologist visit but more extensive IMO. Apparently the scale is 5 to 1, best to worst. My right side was a steady 2 (maybe a 1 for dropfoot movement), left side was 5. Anyhow we scheduled 3 visits, one a week, starting next week. She's young and energetic, with a sister with MS! I think I'll know if we come across some useful routines even if it's pain alone hollering in my ears! More to come.

The script for a PT evaluation as to the Ottobock Exopulse Mollii Suit was faxed to the orthotic supplier location close to me. They confirmed arrival and my name was added to a list. Also said it will not be in America until the end of 2023. The woman I spoke with didn't appear to have much information. More to ponder here.

Glad to hear the positive reports KoKo and Mamabug. Anyone else out there?

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Thanks for the reminder KoKo ! !
            Truly, I'm reminding my own self!

Originally posted by 502E79
            Two weeks! 10 through 14 July was a solid week with my goals (keeping at it) made. Ground work laid for my previously mentioned scripts too.

Week 17 through 21 was a partial, due to a friends visit yesterday...! Took Friday off, we had lunch, and caught up in person. Have to say that 4 hours of conversation was near overwhelming but knew going in that listening would be as rewarding as anything I had to say. And so it went. Nice.[
            Looks like you had an outstanding couple of weeks, with both social and physical activity.

Four hours of mental focus is an amazing accomplishment, from my perspective!

As to the above mentioned scripts. The PT here at the CCRC received my script and we met for an evaluation this past Wednesday. It was similar to a neurologist visit but more extensive IMO. Apparently the scale is 5 to 1, best to worst. My right side was a steady 2 (maybe a 1 for dropfoot movement), left side was 5. Anyhow we scheduled 3 visits, one a week, starting next week. She's young and energetic, with a sister with MS! I think I'll know if we come across some useful routines even if it's pain alone hollering in my ears! More to come.

The script for a PT evaluation as to the Ottobock Exopulse Mollii Suit was faxed to the orthotic supplier location close to me. They confirmed arrival and my name was added to a list. Also said it will not be in America until the end of 2023. The woman I spoke with didn't appear to have much information. More to ponder here.
            Great to learn that your left side is rated 5! Hope it continues that way, especially with your efforts at exercise maintenance. It could happen!

Good luck with your PT sessions!

Good to know that you're on the Exo list.

Let's keep at it.
            That is the plan!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Great to learn that your left side is rated 5! Hope it continues that way, especially with your efforts at exercise maintenance. It could happen!

Good luck with your PT sessions!

Good to know that you're on the Exo list.

As to 'left side @ a 5'... I know that it isn't and she may or may not see this as sessions unfold. But as has been said; it has been deteriorating very slowly. Thanks for the good wishes!

As to Exo list for evaluation....​ I think I am going to compose a letter with the intent of reaching someone with more knowledge or authority. Expressing my sincere desire for the evaluation as soon as possible. Still thinking about this.

Have a rewarding week K!

Comment

Working...
              X