Goalposters exercise check-in 06-29-2023

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-29-2023
    3 checked in last week
    3 made goals
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals again.

2x Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Made goals again.

2x Silver Sneakers
      2x PT at home
      Hi Mamabug! I see you increased goals this past week, and made them too. Good job!

I had a good week starting with getting onto my doctors portal to request a PT script. Then the bureaucracy that almost any form of communication has become began. Long story, very short.... Who knew there were different types of PT>

Comment

Sorry about my incomplete previous post... may have hit a smart key or there may actually be ghosts in the machine. Here's what I was trying to say;

Anyhow I need to be more specific as to a doctors request for PT apparently?! More info coming this week....

Also had some amazing luck as to the Ottobock Exopulse Mollii suit - An Ottobock supplier is under 2 miles from my new home! A call to them alerted me... I'll need yet another doctors script, this one for their PT evaluation using the suit. Guess an assessment to see how helpful it may /may not be? Maybe more info forthcoming this week if I luck out with a few minutes on phone with doctor.

All things physical are going fine, more time spent at it but there was more social interaction too. Same routines, just took longer. Did more reading this week though. Poetry / Prose mix (The Paris Review). Enjoyed it. Kept me off TV or YouTube.

Other 's... Sleep still dicy, walking more lately, but stumble more too. A lot of fireworks nightly but less gunfire. Civilization! Still smelling wood fires... 4+ days now. We did get some needed rain. All's well.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Made goals again.

2x Silver Sneakers
          2x PT at home
          Super duper! You're on a nice roll!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Also had some amazing luck as to the Ottobock Exopulse Mollii suit - An Ottobock supplier is under 2 miles from my new home! A call to them alerted me... I'll need yet another doctors script, this one for their PT evaluation using the suit. Guess an assessment to see how helpful it may /may not be? Maybe more info forthcoming this week if I luck out with a few minutes on phone with doctor.
            Wowee! Thank you for this update! I'll be extremely interested in your experience with the suit. (You're my guinea pig.)

Originally posted by 502E79
            All things physical are going fine, more time spent at it but there was more social interaction too. Same routines, just took longer. Did more reading this week though. Poetry / Prose mix (The Paris Review). Enjoyed it. Kept me off TV or YouTube.
            Sounds terrific, exercising mind and body.

Other 's... Sleep still dicy, walking more lately, but stumble more too. A lot of fireworks nightly but less gunfire. Civilization! Still smelling wood fires... 4+ days now. We did get some neededl. rain. All's well.
            Hopefully you're still getting some naps in.

Stumble walking is my specialty as well.

Happy 4th of July!

Our air quality got back to normal a couple of days ago,

Our dew points have been tropical. My nerve signaling is not enjoying that.

Let's keep at it.
            Will do!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone1

I achieved my goals, same as last week:

Daily short walks, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some active and some passive), and breathing techniques.

The aides had to lift me off of the commode a couple of times. I tried and tried, but just couldn't get up.

I truly believe that the high dew points (tropical!) are to blame for the poor functioning that occurred.

My nerve transmission is highly sensitive to heat, humidity, dew points, and cold.

My styrofoam cup of ice water (16 oz) was dripping with water, and there was such a huge puddle under it that I thought it was leaking.

But nope, it was just the moist air condensing on the outside of my cup. It was a lot!

That's all for now. Enjoy everything you can this week!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                Hey everyone1

I achieved my goals, same as last week:

Daily short walks, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some active and some passive), and breathing techniques.

The aides had to lift me off of the commode a couple of times. I tried and tried, but just couldn't get up.

I truly believe that the high dew points (tropical!) are to blame for the poor functioning that occurred.

My nerve transmission is highly sensitive to heat, humidity, dew points, and cold.

My styrofoam cup of ice water (16 oz) was dripping with water, and there was such a huge puddle under it that I thought it was leaking.

But nope, it was just the moist air condensing on the outside of my cup. It was a lot!

That's all for now. Enjoy everything you can this week!

Hey KoKo!

You're doing well and I'm grateful for your update. FWIW, I have found that there are times when stopping all effort and thinking 'Relax...' for a minute or so allows for the confused or 'frozen' nerve transmission to subside. The task then may be accomplished. This works when tying my sneakers with one hand anyhow.

I'm not heat sensitive but have been blessed with my decision to cross FL off my search list a few years back. Can tolerate dew points, humidy, mildew, but there is a limit.

Will post as to scripts and appointments etc. - Jer (AKA your guinea pig)

Comment

Solid week I see. Nice work yall. The heat down here is brutal. Gotta get things done in the morning or late evening. I haven't done much all month really. 13 walks with my lady for a total of 27.8 miles that's it and that's all....I really need to get back to my stretches.

keep it going.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Thanks for checking in.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hey Boudreaux!

How nice to hear from you! Looking forward to regular check-ins.

Great to know that you're taking walks.

Hope you get a reprieve from the brutal heat. It can be debilitating for many of us.
                      Now go and do a stretch or two, inside with the A/C on.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Hey Boudreaux!

How nice to hear from you! Looking forward to regular check-ins.

Great to know that you're taking walks.

Hope you get a reprieve from the brutal heat. It can be debilitating for many of us.
                        Now go and do a stretch or two, inside with the A/C on.

Hey Boudreaux!

I'm with the ladies, thanks for your up-date.

Walking in that heat certainly warms the body... followed up with stretches targeting the tightest muscle group!?

But think like KoKo: ' ....inside with the A/C on!'

Comment

Working...
                        X