X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-22-2023

4 checked in last week
    I'll say we all made goals. We all kept on moving.

Glad Boudreaux checked in. Welcome back!
    Hoping Pistachio will to join us.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.
    2x Silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      4 checked in last week
      I'll say we all made goals. We all kept on moving.

Glad Boudreaux checked in. Welcome back!
      Hoping Pistachio will to join us.
      Hi Mamabug!

Good to see you accomplished the goals you set! Congratulations!

My week went fine with some groundwork established regarding PT. I never realized you need to get a script from a doctor to begin a PT evaluation that could be paid for by Medicare. So....

... this coming week will be spent getting onto my doctors portal & requesting the script. Also plan to contact Ottobock regarding their Exopulse Molly suit mentioned in previous posts. I'd rather beat myself up in the gym than do either of these things but I know (somehow really KNOW) that it needs to be done.

Exercise - stretching - ADLs, all went well although not as scheduled. Prefer a schedule but like being able to adjust 'on-the-fly,' so all is well.

Still accomplishing exercises with a bit more resistance and have added sit-ups to core work on ab machine.

Sleep at night has been good for a few days then pretty bad for more than a few. Cannot grasp why it is inconsistent. Add to it the fact that near daily naps (30 to 45 minutes) net results even though I never expect to sleep ?

I'll stop now, sounds like whining. All is well, Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Good going on your exercise goals!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          My week went fine with some groundwork established regarding PT. I never realized you need to get a script from a doctor to begin a PT evaluation that could be paid for by Medicare. So....
          I've never had to pay any out-of-pocket for my PT or OT. All have been covered. Same goes for my AFO.

Originally posted by 502E79
          ... this coming week will be spent getting onto my doctors portal & requesting the script. Also plan to contact Ottobock regarding their Exopulse Molly suit mentioned in previous posts. I'd rather beat myself up in the gym than do either of these things but I know (somehow really KNOW) that it needs to be done.
          Looking forward to hearing what you learn about the Exo Suit!

(I'd really much rather take a remyelinating gummy or two! )

Exercise - stretching - ADLs, all went well although not as scheduled. Prefer a schedule but like being able to adjust 'on-the-fly,' so all is well.

Still accomplishing exercises with a bit more resistance and have added sit-ups to core work on ab machine.
          Sounds terrific, Jer!

Sleep at night has been good for a few days then pretty bad for more than a few. Cannot grasp why it is inconsistent. Add to it the fact that near daily naps (30 to 45 minutes) net results even though I never expect to sleep ?
          Sleep disorders are often part of the MS syndrome unfortunately.

I'll stop now, sounds like whining. All is well, Let's keep at it.]
          You're just 'telling it like it is'. Not whining at all. It's good to share our realities.

All is well.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

I did my best and was able to achieve my goals, still quite modest.

Daily short walks, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some active and some passive), and breathing techniques.

PT hasn't stopped by yet. There is a rehab unit here too, so I'm sure they are super busy all the time.

There are restorative aides that work here, and they will be able to continue some ongoing PT help after my official PT sessions are over.

They will take me for walks or do passive exercises, for example.

I think that is fantastic, as the short-term limited PT sessions are ok for some, but ongoing work is necessary for those of us with progressive MS.

In other news I have gained 5 pounds altogether so far. Been eating A LOT. The dietician has added extra protein foods to my meals, due to digestive issues with the Boost.

I would much rather eat foods, than drink Boost (whey protein w/ 29 vitamins and minerals). That just didn't seem natural to me anyways.

That's it for now.

Hope everyone has a very pleasant week.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Hey everyone!

I did my best and was able to achieve my goals, still quite modest.

Daily short walks, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some active and some passive), and breathing techniques.

PT hasn't stopped by yet. There is a rehab unit here too, so I'm sure they are super busy all the time.

There are restorative aides that work here, and they will be able to continue some ongoing PT help after my official PT sessions are over.

They will take me for walks or do passive exercises, for example.

I think that is fantastic, as the short-term limited PT sessions are ok for some, but ongoing work is necessary for those of us with progressive MS.

In other news I have gained 5 pounds altogether so far. Been eating A LOT. The dietician has added extra protein foods to my meals, due to digestive issues with the Boost.

I would much rather eat foods, than drink Boost (whey protein w/ 29 vitamins and minerals). That just didn't seem natural to me anyways.

That's it for now.

Hope everyone has a very pleasant week.

Pretty good report KoKo!

Modest works just fine IMO. Before the day closes I'm going to try and request that script for PT I mentioned in earlier posts. Fresh eyes can't hurt, eh?

Glad to hear the 5 pound comment. It's kind of funny. I'm fading away too. My best friend is obese. I never utter a word as to attempts to hold on to weight!... And never met a woman who spoke of wanting to gain a bit!

Yeah the Boost comment is right on. The Ensure plus that I use to take was loaded with good stuff but was close to addictive. Actually got to be a concern.

Off to da gym. Lagniappe... errr... Cardio day!

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Working...
              X