X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-15-2023 ​​​​​​​

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-15-2023

​3 checked in last week

2 made goals. Some of those goals have been modified. We all need to modify, over time, and do what we can.
    1 made partial goals

1 plans to join us.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals last week.

Some additional good news. I had an appointment with my FM neurologist last week. On the walking test, I walked slightly faster, this time, than I did six months ago.

My goals for this week will be:
    - Attend Silver Sneakers exercise class twice. Or substitute with something else (YouTube chair exercise, etc) if I miss.
    - Do PT strength training exercises at home 2x.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Some additional good news. I had an appointment with my FM neurologist last week. On the walking test, I walked slightly faster, this time, than I did six months ago.
      Hey Mamabug!

You get the gold star I'm happy with the infamous 'plateau,' so bettering anything is really GOOD news!

Made goals last week.
      - Attend Silver Sneakers exercise class twice. Or substitute with something else (YouTube chair exercise, etc) if I miss.

No longer MIA in MHO! Good luck with the upcoming week.

My week went well although I didn't make specific goals. Trying to maintain a busy schedule regardless of limitations. Please understand 'busy' isn't what it was. If you keep that in mind....

One shopping adventure, short, close and without incident... helped a resident here get some groceries, as well as some of my own. Nice... actually as much effort went into it as an hour in the gym! And still doing all the usual exercise routines, stretches etc. Went well too.

Rain here (needed badly) interfered with a few social events but I filled in the time without resorting to YouTube or BoobTube! Another win IMO. Remember Bordeaux... YouTube = Time suck! If you're reading this B, You're right! And drop a line now and again ok?

So Koko... How are you getting along? People? Place? Everything new can be daunting but you've got the wherewithal to handle whatever comes along.

And Pistachio Hope you join or just drop in too. Like KoKo and Mama said, we're all about keeping moving, some days the hare, more often the tortoise.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hello Mamabug!

​​​​
        Made goals last week.

Hello Mamabug!

Terrific effort on achieving your exercise goals!

Glad to hear that your walking test went better than six months ago. Confidence booster!

Good luck with your goals for next week!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

My week went well although I didn't make specific goals. Trying to maintain a busy schedule regardless of limitations. Please understand 'busy' isn't what it was. If you keep that in mind....

One shopping adventure, short, close and without incident... helped a resident here get some groceries, as well as some of my own. Nice... actually as much effort went into it as an hour in the gym! And still doing all the usual exercise routines, stretches etc. Went well too,
          Oh yes indeed grocery shopping takes effort, from getting ready to go to the store, shopping, leaving, getting back home, putting stuff away!

Glad to hear you were still able to get other exercises done as well.

Originally posted by 502E79
          Rain here (needed badly) interfered with a few social events but I filled in the time without resorting to YouTube or BoobTube! Another win IMO. Remember Bordeaux... YouTube = Time suck! If you're reading this B, You're right! And drop a line now and again ok?
          I miss Bordeaux as well!

So Koko... How are you getting along? People? Place? Everything new can be daunting but you've got the wherewithal to handle whatever comes along.
          Thank you for the confidence booster, Jer!

And Pistachio Hope you join or just drop in too. Like KoKo and Mama said, we're all about keeping moving, some days the hare, more often the tortoise.
          You got that right!

Let's keep at it.
          OK!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

I achieved my goals, which are still quite modest at this time.

A short walk daily, mild stretching, arm, leg, and core exercises, in-chair ab crunches, and breathing exercises.

Constant parade of people in and out of my room - social services, unit manager, dietician, rehab director, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, mail delivery, nurse, etc, Rest home? Not. Sensory overload alert.

Everyone just trying to be helpful. I'm sure that will slow down over time.

Well that's all for now - have a wonderful week everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Hi everyone!

I achieved my goals, which are still quite modest at this time.

A short walk daily, mild stretching, arm, leg, and core exercises, in-chair ab crunches, and breathing exercises.
              Nice to hear K,

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              ....Rest home? Not. Sensory overload alert.

Everyone just trying to be helpful. I'm sure that will slow down over time.
              Actual LOL... Appreciate starting the weekend with a chuckle! Thanks KoKo!

Comment

Howdy folks. Good to see you guys still getting after it! Humbled that little old me comes across your minds....

I'm still moving as much as possible, although not as much as I'd like to. I need to set goals and move in that direction but im still trying to lock in a routine.

New job in a different industry although it's all nuts and bolts can be challenging at times.

Keep it going.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Howdy folks. Good to see you guys still getting after it! Humbled that little old me comes across your minds....

I'm still moving as much as possible, although not as much as I'd like to. I need to set goals and move in that direction but im still trying to lock in a routine.

New job in a different industry although it's all nuts and bolts can be challenging at times.

Keep it going.

There you are! Am I dreaming?

It is fantastic to hear from you Boudreaux!

Good to know that you're moving around as much as possible.

Hope your new job works out well for you, and that you can deal with the challenges A-OK.

I think of you often, especially whenever bad weather heads down South, which seems to be quite often, unfortunately.

How's your family doing? Hope all are doing very well.

Please drop by again soon, as we really do miss you Boudreaux!

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

Keep it going.

Glad you scan MSW now and then. We Goalposters need a southern point of view... keeps us on our toes. Like an MSer can stand on their toes .

Maybe don't think about goals just yet. Report your weeks activities? Might help in setting the following weeks exercise....

Thanks for checking in Boudreaux!

Comment

Working...
                    X