Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-08-2023

Goalposters exercise check-in 06-08-2023

Starting check-in. Sorry I've also been sort of MIA.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goals.

1 Silver sneakers
    3 PT at home
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Partial goals.

1 Silver sneakers
      3 PT at home

Hi Mamabug!

3 sessions at home and an away Silver Sneaker class is pretty good for a partial! Good to hear the last week went well.

I didn't report last week so 2 weeks ending today.... No earth shattering disappointments, just a few realizations as to current limits. I can say this confidently since daily variety trumped daily routines. Really had to adjust either on-the-fly or with 2 planned outings. Minor trips aren't avoided as often... resulting in a little confidence.

Exercise: 9 hours @ gym and 5 hours of stretching.

Shopping: 2 planned outings, alone, less than 2 hours total.... a confidence builder.

Prayer: daily and more honest than ever.

Also had a nice visit from an old friend which meant 2 hours out socializing. I can use the practice.

Made half dozen planned phone calls (B-Days or catch-ups) which I normally avoid! Making it a goal was necessary or you might as well change 502E79 to Hermit!

Life is still good, let's keep at it.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Looks like a good week of exercise for you!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

No earth shattering disappointments, just a few realizations as to current limits. I can say this confidently since daily variety trumped daily routines. Really had to adjust either on-the-fly or with 2 planned outings. Minor trips aren't avoided as often... resulting in a little confidence.
          Variety is the spice of life!

I totally get your appreciation of having little confidence boosters.

This doggone disease can mess up our confidence big time!

I am so grateful when I am blessed with even the smallest of confidence boosters.

Originally posted by 502E79
          Exercise: 9 hours @ gym and 5 hours of stretching.

Shopping: 2 planned outings, alone, less than 2 hours total.... a confidence builder.

Prayer: daily and more honest than ever.

Also had a nice visit from an old friend which meant 2 hours out socializing. I can use the practice.

Made half dozen planned phone calls (B-Days or catch-ups) which I normally avoid! Making it a goal was necessary or you might as well change 502E79 to Hermit!
          Super-duper efforts by you, Jer!

You exercised the big 3 - Spiritual, Physical, Emotional / Mental.

Fantastic!

Originally posted by 502E79
          Life is still good, let's keep at it.
          OK!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My goals for this check-in were accomplished:

Daily stretching (mild)

Daily walking (not fast, not far)

Arm and leg exercises (mild)

In-chair ab crunches (for my disappearing core strength)

Breathing exercises

Also, PT begins next week.

Still getting acclimated to nursing home living.

Trying to get used to being told what to do and when.

For example, your bath days are these, at this time.

They had me get up to be weighed last night at 9:30 pm (had to get into wheelchair and pushed up onto a ramp scale).

I have to be weighed weekly, as I am very much underweight. They give me Boost drinks to help.

I have a good appetite and am eating 3 meals a day now.

Can't do my intermittent fasting, for awhile anyways.

Sometimes I can't believe that I'm here. There was a time that I felt that going into a nursing home was the very worst thing that could happen to me.

I know there are worse things!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Sometimes I can't believe that I'm here. There was a time that I felt that going into a nursing home was the very worst thing that could happen to me.

((Blue heart))
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hi KoKo,

Thank you for recognizing the 'outside' efforts.

Realizing that variety is still a part of my life has freed me from a focus on 'physical benchmarks'. There's a lot more out there.

My goals for this check-in were accomplished:

Daily stretching (mild)

Daily walking (not fast, not far)

Arm and leg exercises (mild)

In-chair ab crunches (for my disappearing core strength)

Breathing exercises

Also, PT begins next week.

The discipline you needed is still with you. PT may be a nice surprise next week, who knows?

.... Still getting acclimated to nursing home living.

Trying to get used to being told what to do and when.

For example, your bath days are these, at this time.

They had me get up to be weighed last night at 9:30 pm (had to get into wheelchair and pushed up onto a ramp scale).

I have to be weighed weekly, as I am very much underweight. They give me Boost drinks to help.

I have a good appetite and am eating 3 meals a day now.

Can't do my intermittent fasting, for awhile anyways.

We bend. I am now accustomed to my life in a CCRC.

The eating 'timeframes' sad but yes... The bathing & weighing routines... No. As to the fasting... I understand their concerns. (Ps. the rule of thumb is no more than 2 Boost per day).

In this world there are far worse things.

Comment

Can I join this group of goal posters? How does it work? Explain it to me like I am 5 years old - because some days that is the limitations of what myelin connections I have left.
                  "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                  ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post
                    Can I join this group of goal posters? How does it work? Explain it to me like I am 5 years old - because some days that is the limitations of what myelin connections I have left.

Hey Pistachio!

We would absolutely love to have you join us!

We check-in once a week. Mamabug starts the thread, usually on Thursdays.

Our primary purpose is to support and encourage each other with our endeavors to keep moving, fully realizing that each one of us has varying abilities / limitations.

You can make some goals for yourself, or just let us know what type of physical activity you were able to accomplish during the week.

Doesn't need to be push-ups or sit-ups!

Housework, walking, putting groceries away, etc. are all activities that count as exercise!

If you weren't able to do much, let us know that too. We understand.

Please check-in either way. We can support and encourage you for anything that you're going through in your world.

Comment

Yes, pistachio! We'd love to have you join us. We set our own movement goals; they don't need to be what's traditionally considered exercise.

You decide if you made your goal or not.

- Faith
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                      X