Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters exercise check in for 3.13 through 3.17.2023

The Goalposters exercise check-in 03-13-2023

3 checked in 3.6 through 3.10, all were busy enough, just wanted to get last week in....

Busy week with St Patrick's Day but good enough for me.

All days went pretty smooth and time spent exercising was consistent with previous weeks.

Been at the exercise routines, with about 12 years before dx... 27 years now! Peak (improving strength and flexibility) was probably in 2012. Been a steady, s l o w loss since then. Good thing appears to be that loss has been limited to right side limbs with left side very close to normal!

Lately spend 7 hours+ a week, total mix too, cardio, stretching, weights, some yoga and some pool too. The thing that needs to be said; time spent is actually increasing slightly without any actual effort to do so. Exercising builds on itself, MO.

Hope it will continue and at times believe it to be the reason for the s l o w progressive course my MS appears to be taking.

Hope all that make an effort are equally rewarded this week!

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      All days went pretty smooth and time spent exercising was consistent with previous weeks.

Been at the exercise routines, with about 12 years before dx... 27 years now! Peak (improving strength and flexibility) was probably in 2012. Been a steady, s l o w loss since then. Good thing appears to be that loss has been limited to right side limbs with left side very close to normal!

Lately spend 7 hours+ a week, total mix too, cardio, stretching, weights, some yoga and some pool too. The thing that needs to be said; time spent is actually increasing slightly without any actual effort to do so. Exercising builds on itself, MO.
      Super report, Jer! Looks like you're gaining in endurance, which is terrific.

You have an excellent variety of exercises.

Originally posted by 502E79
      Hope it will continue and at times believe it to be the reason for the s l o w progressive course my MS appears to be taking.
      Regular exercise does help to keep our muscles stronger for longer (hey, that rhymed).

I sure wish that continuous exercising (or lack thereof) was the only factor in MS progression, though.

In any case, we can control the things that we can control.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

Glad to report that I accomplished my exercise goals.

Not as intensive as I would like, but still thankful for what I am able to do, all things considered.

Taking each day as it comes, knowing that each one has its own 'flavor'.

Some moments of some days are a little bitter to swallow, while others are sweeter and truly savored.

C'est la vie!

I'll continue to set my sights on the current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

I sure wish that continuous exercising (or lack thereof) was the only factor in MS progression, though.
          In any case, we can control the things that we can control.

Some moments of some days are a little bitter to swallow, while others are sweeter and truly savored.

KoKo, We really cannot control anything, we only think we can and in so doing, with our heart in the right place, we continue. As you said, "...some days are a little bitter to swallow, while others are sweeter and truly savored."

Managing the bitter and the sweet requires patience and humility, goals unthought of when exercise became truly important but now, as Boudreaux would say "lagniappe"!

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Working...
          X