Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in 03-03-2023

Goalposters exercise check-in 03-02-2023

Let's check in.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

1x Silver sneakers
    1x bike ride with hubby 2x PT at home

Made goals.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

IMG_20230304_165722.jpg
      Here is a photo of our bikes. Hubby pulls my 3-wheeled tricycle with his bicycle. I pedal when I want to, and take breaks when I need to.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

What a really nice photo of you and your hubby with your bikes! Beautiful! (I enlarged it to get a close-up)

Super job with your goals achieved!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I accomplished my exercise goals. Much effort was needed.

There were 2 days that I'll say were very good! (all things considered)

When I do have those very good days, I always say to myself 'wouldn't it be great if every day was this good'!

Those better days do give me the boost needed to keep trudging onward.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report during the last two weeks.

Had a doctor's appointment. Vitals all good.

I'll aim for the same exercise goals this week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug

Your photo would look nice in our photo Gallery in the Creative Center.

You would need to give it a name / title.

If interested, go here ---> gallery – MSWorld

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Getting to it...

Week of 20 through 24 Fe:

Got 4 days of gym in, only an hour more of actual exercise compared to my normal 3 day routine. Ash Wednesday altered the schedule. 5 days stretching as usual, good week with only one day scooter usage.

Week of 27 Fe through 23 Mar:

Another 4 day week due to beginning dental implant process. Exercise and stretching went well, scooter usage the same as previous week, so two weeks of trying and making goals. After all, to try IS to make goals.

In the slightly 'out-of-the-ordinary' Dept:

With Lent underway I've become very aware in general and remind myself often; 'what is important' or 'Who' to be more precise. So all spiritual goals are more in focus than my normal 'try to be a better guy' standard. Pays dividend in every aspect IMO.

Got my first of what I understand is a 2-shot Shingles Vax. No problems.

Planning on a friendly get together (birthday) in a few weeks.

Oh, on Marco's post reviewing high intensity training.... I guess I am somewhat blessed. My poor right leg and arm can be assisted by my almost normal left side! As long as I drop down a notch on elliptical, I can hit a good pace, putting my poor leg through proper motions.... And on resistance equipment, my poor arm and leg can 'go-along-for-the-ride', at less resistance of course, but getting the ROM we all need. So far so good but everything is subject to change.... we will see.

Congratulations Mamabug on making your goals! Sorry I cannot view your photo (I don't have permission?)
              Might be similar to that long missing 'like' button that recently became accessible to me.

And KoKo, I can view the gallery, thank you! Glad your vitals are good and those good days do lift spirits don't they?

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Got 4 days of gym in, only an hour more of actual exercise compared to my normal 3 day routine. Ash Wednesday altered the schedule. 5 days stretching as usual, good week with only one day scooter usage.

Week of 27 Fe through 23 Mar:

Another 4 day week due to beginning dental implant process. Exercise and stretching went well, scooter usage the same as previous week, so two weeks of trying and making goals. After all, to try IS to make goals.
                Super report, Jer! Wishing you a smooth process with your implants, and that all goes well for you!

Originally posted by 502E79
                With Lent underway I've become very aware in general and remind myself often; 'what is important' or 'Who' to be more precise. So all spiritual goals are more in focus than my normal 'try to be a better guy' standard. Pays dividend in every aspect IMO.
                It's amazing how we seem to get those 'periodic' opportunities for deeper reflection (more than the usual).

Got my first of what I understand is a 2-shot Shingles Vax. No problems.
                Glad you had no problems with your shingles vax!

Planning on a friendly get together (birthday) in a few weeks.
                Great! You want us to bring anything? I can bring spinach dip with pita bread or crusty bread?

Oh, on Marco's post reviewing high intensity training.... I guess I am somewhat blessed. My poor right leg and arm can be assisted by my almost normal left side! As long as I drop down a notch on elliptical, I can hit a good pace, putting my poor leg through proper motions.... And on resistance equipment, my poor arm and leg can 'go-along-for-the-ride', at less resistance of course, but getting the ROM we all need. So far so good but everything is subject to change.... we will see.
                Wonderful workouts, Jer! Wishing you continued exercise blessings for a good long while!

Congratulations Mamabug on making your goals! Sorry I cannot view your photo (I don't have permission?)
                Might be similar to that long missing 'like' button that recently became accessible to me.
                What do you see, Jer? For me, I just see the photo in Mamabug's post. Nothing to click on or anything, The photo is just there already.

You could be on to something. Viewing photos in the posts might be enabled only for Moderator privileges, similar to the previous 'like button' issue.

And KoKo, I can view the gallery, thank you!
                Glad your vitals are good and those good days do lift spirits don't they?
                You're welcome! and Thank you! and Yes!

Comment

IMG_20230304_165722.jpg

Can you see this photo now, Jer? I copied / pasted from Mamabug's post.

If not, what do you see? Thank you!

Comment

K,

In Mamaabugs original post I see only the image ID numbers followed by the word jpeg.

It is underscored, allows me to click on it... and that's when I get the 'I don't have permission' comment.

When I see your post which you C&P, Its same image ID jpeg copy. No picture is available.

No worries, its always been this way, I've gotten use to it.

J

Comment

Jer

Do you have a little red camera icon, above the font, bold, size, etc, on the left?

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Jer

Do you have a little red camera icon, above the font, bold, size, etc, on the left?

There is no camera icon left or right or above / below the response box I'm typing reply in. Guessing I'm suppose to see one?

Comment

Jer

When I click on the little red camera icon, I get the following message:

Upload or Select from Photo Album Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp

In any case, I bet members do not have 'view photo in post' permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                            Jer

When I click on the little red camera icon, I get the following message:

Upload or Select from Photo Album Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp

In any case, I bet members do not have 'view photo in post' permissions.

When I click on any underscored jpeg copy within any post I get...

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator.​

There is no camera icon, so it may be that members do not have 'view photo in post' permissions​

Oh! On your comment.... You want us to bring anything? I can bring spinach dip with pita bread or crusty bread?

All is appreciated but I still have a Gibson or even a Cosmo, occasionally. Warm crusty French bread sounds like a great follow-up though!

Comment

Jer

So.....are you inferring that you don't like spinach dip?

Sorry, unable to bring the drinks as I don't purchase alcohol.

Anything else that you have a hankering for?

Comment

Working...
                              X