The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-09-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-09-2023

The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-09-2023 3 checked in.
    2 made goals
    1 made partial goals​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Everyone!

A full week with a number of accomplishments, most minor but I count everything.

Stretching went well with 100 minutes over 5 weekdays (AM) in apartment. Add 3 days, 15 minutes each, after exercise in gym.

Had a good mix of exercise & cardio work. Added a couple of pounds resistance (good arm only) here and there. Also added a few floor exercises... laughable at this stage but with no one else in the studio... why not? Maybe I'll increase the 1x - 2x rep by one...? We'll see. Total gym time excluding stretching about 3.5 to 4 hours.

Kept the scooter usage down to one day a week! Used my head and planned my campus store visit with the scooter. No fool here. Better to load stuff on the scooter than lug in my backpack. Why wasn't this thought of sooner?

Speaking of using my head... Located a copy on The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis and am rereading (and rewarding myself) instead of the Netflix offerings.

Had a few nice surprises this week from old friends calling, a cousin heading to New Zealand, a photo in a Valentine's Day card from 15 years past. Yikes! I'll stop here. Oh, got my PA DL photo taken... think it's the first NOT looking like a mug shot.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      A full week with a number of accomplishments, most minor but I count everything.

Stretching went well with 100 minutes over 5 weekdays (AM) in apartment. Add 3 days, 15 minutes each, after exercise in gym.

Had a good mix of exercise & cardio work. Added a couple of pounds resistance (good arm only) here and there. Also added a few floor exercises... laughable at this stage but with no one else in the studio... why not? Maybe I'll increase the 1x - 2x rep by one...? We'll see. Total gym time excluding stretching about 3.5 to 4 hours.
      Super exercise week for you Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79
      Kept the scooter usage down to one day a week! Used my head and planned my campus store visit with the scooter. No fool here. Better to load stuff on the scooter than lug in my backpack. Why wasn't this thought of sooner?

Speaking of using my head... Located a copy on The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis and am rereading (and rewarding myself) instead of the Netflix offerings.
      I've long suspected that you're more than just a pretty face!

Had a few nice surprises this week from old friends calling, a cousin heading to New Zealand, a photo in a Valentine's Day card from 15 years past. Yikes! I'll stop here. Oh, got my PA DL photo taken... think it's the first NOT looking like a mug shot.
      I love your surprises Jer!

Let's keep at it.
      That's the plan!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I achieved my exercise goals with much effort. Very grateful that I was able to get the job done, regardless.

I had what seemed like a 50/50 week. Half of my physical activities were very difficult and the other half took a little less effort to accomplish.

Keeping my spirits up with positive self-talk, meditation and prayer, and by listening to calming instrumental music.

These strategies work well for me.

Still taking one day at a time, as it unfolds, and often taking each moment at a time, as it unfolds.

No surprises for me this week, and that's ok!

Going for the same exercise goals for this upcoming week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Achieved goals.
          1 Silver sneakers
          1 YouTube exercise
          2 PT at home
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hello everyone!

I achieved my exercise goals with much effort. Very grateful that I was able to get the job done, regardless.

I had what seemed like a 50/50 week. Half of my physical activities were very difficult and the other half took a little less effort to accomplish.

The comment about '...the other half took a little less effort to accomplish' always lifts my spirits. It's where I live! The best we get may be a mixed bag.... I too fear relentless difficulty.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Keeping my spirits up with positive self-talk, meditation and prayer, and by listening to calming instrumental music.

These strategies work well for me.

How could you forget the the berries? < just another pretty face

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Achieved goals.
              1 Silver sneakers
              1 YouTube exercise
              2 PT at home

Hi Mamabug!

Glad you had a good week! Does your Physical Therapist visit on a set schedule? or are you working on your own?

Comment

Neither. They are physical therapist exercises from quite a few years ago. I don't currently see one.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                X