The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-02-2023
    Only 2 checked in.
    1 made goals
    1 made partial goals​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made partial goals again. I didn't go to Silver sneakers at all because weather was sort of cold and I didn't want to get out.

1 chair exercise with YouTube
    1 PT at home
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello Mamabug!

Understandable - I have a difficult time going out in the cold.

Good job with partial goals!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

I'm glad to report that I achieved my exercise goals.

I had a much better week than the previous one, which was most welcome!

My physical activities went smoother, with a little less struggle.

I stayed in the moments, savoring each while feeling very thankful.

Wishing everyone a great week!

My plan is to continue on with the current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          I made partial goals again. I didn't go to Silver sneakers at all because weather was sort of cold and I didn't want to get out.

1 chair exercise with YouTube
          1 PT at home

Winter is tough and central states are getting their share again this year... hang in there Mamabug!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hey everyone!

I'm glad to report that I achieved my exercise goals.

I had a much better week than the previous one, which was most welcome!

My physical activities went smoother, with a little less struggle.

I stayed in the moments, savoring each while feeling very thankful.

Wishing everyone a great week!

My plan is to continue on with the current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.

Good to hear KoKo!

I have had 2 good weeks, nothing outstanding but consistent other than a minor hiccup here and there. We all experience that twilight zone between overdoing it and doing just enough. That kept me cautious and I didn't overdue things.

Overall my MS continues doing what it does. It appears concerned with spasticity so I counter with stretching.

My poor side gets poorer. Confidence in getting up or down studio floor requires a chair or bar often. Still use scooter only once a week KoKo (fits into your 'savoring' category)! Still getting around.

Side s: A get together fell through last week which I'm hoping isn't Covid related. Did hear from another old friend who sounded much better than last we spoke. Up lifting!

Oh, our ground hog needs an attitude adjustment. Let me guess... yours too?

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              I have had 2 good weeks, nothing outstanding but consistent other than a minor hiccup here and there. We all experience that twilight zone between overdoing it and doing just enough. That kept me cautious and I didn't overdue things.
              Glad to know that you've had 2 good, consistent weeks! Priceless!

Originally posted by 502E79
              Overall my MS continues doing what it does. It appears concerned with spasticity so I counter with stretching.
              Good strategy, Jer.

On the subject of spasticity, I stopped taking the Tizanidine again, awhile back. More often than not, I felt weaker, and sluggish while taking it.

My poor side gets poorer. Confidence in getting up or down studio floor requires a chair or bar often. Still use scooter only once a week KoKo (fits into your 'savoring' category)! Still getting around.
              I understand, Jer.

My 'better' left side has been gradually getting 'poorer' (to use your description). The entire side, unfortunately.

I will continue to do what I can. Gotta keep my focus on the abilities that are still serving me well.

Also, a careful watch on my attitude and emotions, keeping them in constant check. It really helps when my whole being (mind, body, and spirit) are free from negativity.

Side s: A get together fell through last week which I'm hoping isn't Covid related. Did hear from another old friend who sounded much better than last we spoke. Up lifting!
              Hope your friend is ok. And glad to hear that your other friend is sounding much better!

Oh, our ground hog needs an attitude adjustment. Let me guess... yours too?
              Well, we seem to have alternating weeks with very cold, then 40's and 50's, then back to very cold, etc.!

So it's quite tolerable. (Hope I haven't put the jinx on, now.)

Comment

Working...
              X