The Goalposters exercise check-in 01-26-2023
    3 checked in.
    2 made goals
    1 made partial goals
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals again. It's hard to motivate myself, but I'm glad I'm not doing nothing.

My mobility has actually improved slightly the last couple of months. Stepping down sidewalk curbs and walking in grass are both somewhat easier. I wonder if it's because of having my amalgam fillings removed and replaced.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Made partial goals again. It's hard to motivate myself, but I'm glad I'm not doing nothing.
      Good for you on achieving partial goals! Doing anything to keep moving, according to abilities, is the bottom line for us.

Originally posted by Mamabug
      My mobility has actually improved slightly the last couple of months. Stepping down sidewalk curbs and walking in grass are both somewhat easier. I wonder if it's because of having my amalgam fillings removed and replaced.
      Wow! That's wonderful to hear, Mamabug!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

With much effort, I achieved my exercise goals. I am very thankful for that.

I do a lot of breath work, prayers, and meditation.

I want (and also need) to be in the best possible mental and emotional state as I navigate each challenging moment of each day.

Negative emotions (fear, anxiety, frustration, anger, etc), held onto for any length of time, really can affect my physical performance, believe it or not.

I simply don't have the 'luxury' of staying in negativity. It's a whole new ballgame with long term MS.

In any case, I'm trying for the same goals this week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          ... I do a lot of breath work, prayers, and meditation.

I want (and also need) to be in the best possible mental and emotional state as I navigate each challenging moment of each day.

Negative emotions (fear, anxiety, frustration, anger, etc), held onto for any length of time, really can affect my physical performance, believe it or not.

I simply don't have the 'luxury' of staying in negativity. It's a whole new ballgame with long term MS....

Hi KoKo. Thanks for the observation on negativity. Negativity creates stress.

You can begin to believe yourself !!!

As surely as an athlete can adjust his mindset and exceed previous performance, we will perform poorly by thinking poorly. MS takes so much, allowing it to cramp your will is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            ...It's hard to motivate myself, but I'm glad I'm not doing nothing.

Me too Mamabug, Keep at it!

Comment

Since I'm late to the thread ... and just finished another exercise week I'll post goals etc., on the new thread.

Comment

Working...
              X