The Goalposters Exercise Check in for December 8, 2022

3 checked in.
    1 made partial goals
    2 made goals.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My mother is law passed this week. I've also been swamped with helping a BIL with cancer try to obtain health insurance.

I didn't meet amt exercise goals.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug, Sorry to hear of the family loss and the ongoing health insurance situation your BIL is facing. Often life is all about switching gears regardless of our own concerns. Sending prayers to you and family.

Thanking you also for thinking of Goalposters thread during a tumultuous week!

This week and most of Autumn, I have been on an upswing.

To possibility end the year on this note... very hard to suppress a smile!

Physically will begin and end discussion with receptivity. Good days and bad days will come. Take whatever comes. You will adapt. In so doing the value of virtues will become apparent.

Beginning to sound like 'the year-in-review' is not my intention. Only to say that when I seek a way, I have been given something. It's not always the answer but all too often has been proven very useful.

I hope to continue and carry this forward into 2023! WoW! ... didn't expect to make a New Years resolution.

Comment

Hello everyone

Mamabug ~ I'm so sorry to learn of your mother-in-law passing. Heartfelt sympathy to your family.

Looks like you've been dealing with alot lately. I'm saying some prayers that you and your family get through these rough times with peace, love, and faith.

Jer ~ Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom!

I'm glad to report that I achieved my exercise goals. My week went well, thankfully.

Each day is a challenge, so I try my best to be positive, optimistic, and lighthearted.

Sometimes I have to try really hard!

My mood / attitude really does affect how my daily endeavors work out, and also my peace of mind. So I keep aware of this at all times.

My exercise goals will stay the same for this week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi KoKo,

After 7+ decades (2+ with MS), any "wisdom" learned comes from what you said... being positive, optimistic, and lighthearted, despite the challenges.

Doing the best we can is all anyone can do despite their circumstances.

Let's keep at it

Comment

Working...
          X