Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check in for December 1, 2022

The Goalposters Exercise Check in for December 1, 2022

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​​ how you did.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Sorry; I haven't been great at checking in. Everything's fine. I've been either meeting goals or partial goals, as usual.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug, Good to hear from you and glad about your successes during our Holiday week. A lot going on can certainly affect our schedule. Welcome back!

I'll call the past week as making goals although Friday was shorter than normal. Everyone around here is prepping for Christmas / Chanukah and the New Year... too long a story, but that threw me off time-wise.

Highlight of the week was adapting a piece of equipment in gym for use with my legs. The equipment has 2 adjustable arms (4' ?), with cables (resistance) and a box of attachments among which I found ankle straps! Had to add a chair for balance and a platform to stand on (darn drop-foot), but I am going to try to maintain and add to things I haven't done since leaving the Poconos. And no follow-up mobility issues, although I did use scooter the same day I made the attempt, no fool here!

Minor note: have now shortened time spent tying knots in laces (Converse high tops). Another long, even silly story but it takes a good 5 minutes off of a frustrating, one handed, daily routine!

All in all things are looking pretty good as the year ends. Hope you guys feel similar and everyone here at MSW enjoys the season!

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

I'm so glad to know that all is well with you.

I'm sure that being a Wife, Mother, and Grandmother (along with the challenges of MS) keeps you busy.

Good effort on achieving goals!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          I'll call the past week as making goals although Friday was shorter than normal. Everyone around here is prepping for Christmas / Chanukah and the New Year... too long a story, but that threw me off time-wise.
          Good effort to accomplish goals, even with getting thrown-off a bit!

Originally posted by 502E79
          Highlight of the week was adapting a piece of equipment in gym for use with my legs. The equipment has 2 adjustable arms (4' ?), with cables (resistance) and a box of attachments among which I found ankle straps! Had to add a chair for balance and a platform to stand on (darn drop-foot), but I am going to try to maintain and add to things I haven't done since leaving the Poconos. And no follow-up mobility issues, although I did use scooter the same day I made the attempt, no fool here!
          Highlight indeed! I admire your interest and desire to find ways to create new exercises. Good luck!

Minor note: have now shortened time spent tying knots in laces (Converse high tops). Another long, even silly story but it takes a good 5 minutes off of a frustrating, one handed, daily routine!
          Great! Did you purchase some tie-less laces or no-tie laces? Or did you find some other way?

All in all things are looking pretty good as the year ends. Hope you guys feel similar and everyone here at MSW enjoys the season!
          Thank you Jer!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

Glad to report that I was able to achieve my exercise goals, for which I am very grateful.

No 'highlights' here, but my week went well (which is a blessing in itself, all things considered).

Got a booster shot (Rite Aid came here), and also, I had a doctor appointment.

Rite Aid to come back with flu shots, bringing a pediatric size needle for 'moi'.

Anyways...I'll continue with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Did you purchase some tie-less laces or no-tie laces? Or did you find some other way?

No. I have normal sneaker laces. No-tie / velcro, etc may be in the future...? Sigh.

Basically using the full dexterity and flexibility in my left hand to tie the knot.... My right hand remains a basic fist.

Use left; to position lace between right hand pinky and right hand ring finger to create a loop. Then use left to create other loop. Then...

Use left again; to slip a loop through onto my right hand pinky. Then I can cinch bow tight.

Easier to watch than to describe. We all figure a way.

'He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.' - F. Nietzsche

Ps, This is possibly the most boring Post written.

Comment

Working...
              X