• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 10-06-2022

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 10-06-2022

3 checked in.

1 made goals.
    2 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
    Not enough PT at home.
    Not enough steps: Average 1043 per day.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug (and KoKo)!

An average over 3.65 miles per week... so next week, maybe 5 miles, if circumstances permit.

Spoke to my old trainer this week, your Silver Sneakers session reminded me. Keep at it Faith, it's a good workout. I saw some folks here working at chair yoga on Monday (Active Aging Week)! Impressive.

This past week makes 11 since my fall in late July. I've had some partial goal weeks, but overall a very good stretch. So I made goals this week!.

Did everything stated in last week's post but a little less, so I could devote a 90 minute session to ADLs. Realized that getting up & down for floor exercise IS exercise too! Anyhow, I will try to replicate this week again next week.

Other s: Only used scooter 2x. Sun came out on Thursday, first time since September All my FL friends made it through without major problems, except one. Their vacation home (on a canal) was flooded. No injuries, just a wet mess to deal with. Absentee ownership during a major disaster can be both blessing and curse.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Short report this week.

I was able to achieve only partial exercise goals.

I feel like I exerted my best efforts with energy expenditure, though. Only have so much to use on a daily basis.

Walk/stand, stretches, core/back, ab crunches, breathing exercises, ADL's all good.

I'll keep trying to squeeze in my arm and leg exercises somehow.

Same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Partial goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
          Not enough PT at home.
          Not enough steps: Average 1043 per day.
          Good for you with achieving Silver Sneakers.

I bet that you'll get more steps done this week, if at all possible.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

This past week makes 11 since my fall in late July. I've had some partial goal weeks, but overall a very good stretch. So I made goals this week!.

Did everything stated in last week's post but a little less, so I could devote a 90 minute session to ADLs. Realized that getting up & down for floor exercise IS exercise too! Anyhow, I will try to replicate this week again next week.
            Wow, time seems to fly by.

Excellent efforts with your exercise routines Jer!

Also impressed that you can get up and down from the floor. Fantastic!

Originally posted by 502E79
            All my FL friends made it through without major problems, except one. Their vacation home (on a canal) was flooded. No injuries, just a wet mess to deal with. Absentee ownership during a major disaster can be both blessing and curse.
            Good to know that your friends made it through the storm and are OK.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              ....I feel like I exerted my best efforts with energy expenditure, though. Only have so much to use on a daily basis.

Making the effort, even if you don't feel like it, gets a

Knowing when to avoid the attempt....

Good for you K!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Making the effort, even if you don't feel like it, gets a

Knowing when to avoid the attempt....

Good for you K!
                Thank you for understanding and encouragement, Jer!

Comment

Working...
                X