Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 08-21-2022

08-21-2022, 10:25 AM
    The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 08-21-2022
    08-21-2022
    3 checked in last week.

Everybody seemed happy enough.

Hi everyone

I achieved partial goals, but feel like I maxed out my physical energy and muscle strength anyways.

So I'm happy enough!

I am very grateful for the ability to walk (slow, focused steps) as well as the ability to perform sit-to-stand (with the utmost focus and patience).

As these (sit-to-stand and taking steps) became more difficult, it caused me to realize how important they are to being somewhat independent.

We don't know what the future may hold, but for now I am thankful and feel very fortunate.

I try my best to stay emotionally in today, in the present, in the now. It takes constant vigilance (and I don't always succeed). Life is easier for me when I take it in small bites.

I'll continue to aim for my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi KoKo & Mamabug!

KoKo, I read your take on the "now" and agree. Without any doubt at all, keeping your head in the moment is critical. From the focus on the exercise to what I've come to call the 'cultivation of my capacities.'

Lately I have begun to realize more fully that point of view is extremely important. Now a full month, on the comeback from my fall, I realized how resilient I really am. Sure, still fragile, but only when I look to the past.... Don't go there, stay in the moment.

What is possible expands. You know yourself, '...take it in small bites" You can expand your capacity in many ways. Effort, forethought, focus, attitude.... your capacity can be adjusted, you have the ability to think righteously on all fronts! Therefore your capacity for gratitude increases too!

My month on the comeback trail improved weekly, with week 4 being a mixed bag of stretching / leg / arm / core exercise, a total of 6 hours give-or-take. Even about a 1/2 mile on the elliptical!

No pain after the sessions or the following day although some days there was the need to sit for only 20-30 minutes knowing any longer would make walking dicy.

Just came back from this week's first gym session, going to scoff down some Yogurt and say some prayers of thanksgiving. Great week.

Oh, still get the daily vertigo in the AM. Just a flicker but ya gotta .

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Lately I have begun to realize more fully that point of view is extremely important. Now a full month, on the comeback from my fall, I realized how resilient I really am. Sure, still fragile, but only when I look to the past.... Don't go there, stay in the moment.

What is possible expands. You know yourself, '...take it in small bites" You can expand your capacity in many ways. Effort, forethought, focus, attitude.... your capacity can be adjusted, you have the ability to think righteously on all fronts! Therefore your capacity for gratitude increases too!
        Very insightful, oh wise one. Thank you for sharing, Jer.

Originally posted by 502E79
        My month on the comeback trail improved weekly, with week 4 being a mixed bag of stretching / leg / arm / core exercise, a total of 6 hours give-or-take. Even about a 1/2 mile on the elliptical!
        Fantastic report! I love the words 'comeback' and 'improved'!

No pain after the sessions or the following day although some days there was the need to sit for only 20-30 minutes knowing any longer would make walking dicy.
        No pain after the sessions or the following day is really encouraging!

Just came back from this week's first gym session, going to scoff down some Yogurt and say some prayers of thanksgiving. Great week.
        Your uplifting attitude is, well, uplifting!

Oh, still get the daily vertigo in the AM. Just a flicker but ya gotta .
        That is good news. 'Just a flicker' could mean it's close to going away.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Acheived goals. I really should have done PT at home, because that helps a lot with strength. But, i'm going to say that i made goals because I did well on attending Silver Sneakers, and on steps.

Silver Sneakers 2x
          PT at home, nope
          Average steps per day: 1524

Sorry for the late post. I was having trouble getting my Garmin to sync, so I waited until I could post steps.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Your late report was worth the wait. Super job achieving your goals!

Very good number of average daily steps.

Comment

Working...
            X