• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 08-11-2022

The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 08-11-2022
    08-11-2022
    2 checked in last week.

I'll say that you both made goals, based on your reports.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goals. But not too bad.

1x Silver Sneakers
    1x PT at home

Average steps per day: 1154
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello everyone

Hey Mamabug great job, you achieved a good number of steps too.

I was able to achieve my exercise goals.

I've been skimpy with my arm and leg exercises (doing less reps) mainly because I don't want to use up the muscle strength needed to accomplish my ADL's.

Since I get motor fatigue so easily now, I have to take that into consideration and budget the use of my arm and leg muscles accordingly. I'm not too fond of this, but I'm thankful that I still have the strength for ADL's.

Motor fatigue is coming on sooner and more often, unfortunately. This weakness can be overwhelming and incapacitating.

Rest breaks are no longer optional, when in reality, there is no choice.

In any case, I will continue with my exercise goals, with fewer reps on some of the exercises.

Easy does it, but do it! And wishing you all the best!

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug, I'm with KoKo as to the steps. I didn't go back and look but you seem to be close to old benchmarks. Take the partial and keep at it.

KoKo, I was going to repeat your paragraphs with my comments and that's when the self-awareness hit me. You know yourself and your MS. You recognize pitfalls, plan ahead, establish a game plan! Applying yourself as you determine is the way to go. And I think the occasional plateau even positive physical results are still available to us. Key to resilience is keeping at it.

Going to say attained goals, although caution was the operative word this week. Stayed away from leg work except for the daily stretch routines done with care and slowly. Normal walking wasn't too bad!

Vertigo still shows up occasionally. Not quite but almost gone. My good leg appears normal (little or no swelling?!) and reliable again! My thinking is along the lines of a pulled / twisted muscle causing swelling for 3-4 days. Just never felt I did anything that would cause this? Would have signed up for the humidity factoring in (K) but the poor leg showed no sign of any swelling or pain?

So, walking improved during week, although only did upper body exercises once.

Side
        Friend dropped off some fresh farmers market peaches and some homemade c-chips
        Humidity broke after 8 days 90°+ days
        And finally got some satisfaction with the phone company 9 months in the making

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          And I think the occasional plateau even positive physical results are still available to us. Key to resilience is keeping at it.
          Affirmative!

Originally posted by 502E79
          Going to say attained goals, although caution was the operative word this week. Stayed away from leg work except for the daily stretch routines done with care and slowly. Normal walking wasn't too bad!
          Super!

Vertigo still shows up occasionally. Not quite but almost gone. My good leg appears normal (little or no swelling?!) and reliable again!
          Good to hear, Jer!

Would have signed up for the humidity factoring in (K) but the poor leg showed no sign of any swelling or pain?
          Oh, I mistakenly thought it was your poor leg that swelled up. It's my affected leg that will have some noticeable slight swelling with high humidity. Very little swelling on my good leg, though (most likely due to better circulation in my good leg).

Side
          Friend dropped off some fresh farmers market peaches and some homemade c-chips
          Humidity broke after 8 days 90°+ days
          And finally got some satisfaction with the phone company 9 months in the making
          Nice! Hooray for those little things that bring some joy to our lives!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo,

Just finished some stretching and will be off to begin this week at gym (upper body stuff today).

Wanted to say thanks for your insight and wholeheartedly agree with the "little things" comment.

I have had the juiciest peach and some very moist chocolate chip cookies lately.

Still hoping as to the phone company, but 2 outta 3.... not too shabby!

J

Comment

Working...
            X