Goalposters threads -Will try to do better at starting them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters threads -Will try to do better at starting them

I've been low on motivation to exercise lately. Then, it follows that I don't always remember to start our weekly post.

I'm sorry. I'll try to do better!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    I've been low on motivation to exercise lately. Then, it follows that I don't always remember to start our weekly post.

I'm sorry. I'll try to do better!
    No problem, Mamabug.

Good luck with your motivation to exercise. It's not always easy, for sure.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was able to make partial goals.

I pretty much maxed out my arm and leg energy with activities other than the specific arm and leg exercises.

So, in a sense I did make goals.

In any case, I feel that I was as active as possible, without overdoing it.

My muscles were slightly achy, but maybe weather related. A couple of aspirin remedied the aches, thankfully.

I had OT during the week, moderate activity, nothing too strenuous.

Off topic, I'm doing well here in assisted living. Certain anxieties have disappeared now that there are nursing assistants nearby at all times. They regularly come and check if I need anything, even if I don't use the call light. The staff are so kind and willing to help.

I'll stick with the current exercise goals, with the possibility of replacing some of the specific exercises with other activities that use the same muscles.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Wishing the best to all!

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Motivation can be elusive but maybe exercise, broken up into smaller time segments would fit the bill? We don't always have the time or desire to do something but know doing nothing isn't an option....

Hi KoKo!

Great report! Love the side note as to the staff and your adapting as well as you appear to be. Also noticed the 6x daily and the 30 minutes once and a while. Significant! And I understand the "...moderate activity, nothing too strenuous..." So...

Began my third week Sunday, since the "fall." Any gastrointestinal cramps etc, gone entirely. Still have a disorienting sense of vertigo in the AM. It last a second or so. Not dizzy but close. Otherwise... gone for the day. Went to gym once, core, arms, stretching. Other days stretching only.

Walking is bad, not only with poor right leg but for reasons unknown my left leg has become questionable with too much weight upon it and bending it has become a problem. All this appears unrelated to fall since it began this past Sunday. Haven't a clue but it appeared swollen on Sunday, less so today? No pain!

All alternatives on the table. One day at a time, etc, etc. Don't even know what or if I'll attempted anything today. Although stretching was addressed earlier!

Life goes on, let's keep at it!

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Also noticed the 6x daily and the 30 minutes once and a while.
          The 20 - 30 minutes up on feet are always a combo of some standing and some taking steps.

Originally posted by 502E79
          Began my third week Sunday, since the "fall." Any gastrointestinal cramps etc, gone entirely. Still have a disorienting sense of vertigo in the AM. It last a second or so. Not dizzy but close. Otherwise... gone for the day.
          So glad to hear that the GI issue and sense of vertigo have eased up!

Went to gym once, core, arms, stretching. Other days stretching only.
          Doing what you can!

Walking is bad, not only with poor right leg but for reasons unknown my left leg has become questionable with too much weight upon it and bending it has become a problem. All this appears unrelated to fall since it began this past Sunday.
          Let's blame the tropical dewpoints. See if you do any better this week, with low humidity and low dew points.

Haven't a clue but it appeared swollen on Sunday, less so today? No pain!
          Swelling of legs is not unusual with high humidity. Again, pay attention this week with better weather. Hopefully that's the cause.

All alternatives on the table. One day at a time, etc, etc. Don't even know what or if I'll attempted anything today. Although stretching was addressed earlier!
          Wishing you a better week ahead as you gradually heal. I think (and sincerely hope) your body will bounce back to where it was.

Comment

*** Jer I'm assuming your weather has been like the weather here in Northwest Ohio!

I wasn't thinking - you don't live around here!

Comment

Working...
            X