• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 07-14-2022

07-16-2022, 10:16 AM
    The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 07-14-2022

07-14-2022
    3 checked in last week. 1 on family reunion!, only goal to have a good time!
    2 made goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know
    Tags: None

Hello Jer (and anyone else reading)!

Hope Mamabug is having a wonderful reunion with family.

Tech support fixed my computer issue! Great job!

I achieved my exercise goals, and I'm thankful.

I've been spacing the exercises throughout the day, rather than doing most in the morning as I had been doing.

This is working out well. Now that I'm finally able to take successful naps in the afternoon, I seem to have a little more stamina.

I've been exceeding the time and frequency of my 'up on feet goals' (walk/stand), so I'm going to make a revision for next week.

Hope everyone has a very nice week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X per day @ 20 - 30 min each+ Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

I achieved my exercise goals, and I'm thankful.

I've been spacing the exercises throughout the day, rather than doing most in the morning as I had been doing.

This is working out well. Now that I'm finally able to take successful naps in the afternoon, I seem to have a little more stamina.

I've been exceeding the time and frequency of my 'up on feet goals' (walk/stand), so I'm going to make a revision for next week.

Hi Everyone!

6X a day! @ maybe 30 min each? Yes, that certainly is making goals! Great job KoKo! A lot to be thankful for.

I chose to go partial this week.

Leg recovery last week wasn't what was hoped for, so this week: very little leg work (therefore cardio was limited and no pool either). Just did the normal walking around.

All upper body work stayed the same. 3 hours over the week.

And stretching went well with upper body (bad arm) getting my attention. Efforts resulted in some looseness (?!). Also 3 hrs / week.

Naps give me an honest 30 minutes some days? Still amazed at zzzz's without feeling tired at times?! Night sleep wasn't too poor. No explaination.

Oh, after reading your reply post (torso-abs-lower back muscles) in another thread, I spent a few more minutes daily targeting core work on proper gym equipment.

Did notice a stress relationship to any physical activity. Simple movements after attempting to register my vehicle online.... 2 hours of sitting. Frustration rising. Killer for my body.

Instructions wouldn't have been any better had they been in a foreign language. Poorly designed site, not user friendly. Actually overly comprehensive to the point of confusion. Enough!

My vent for the day. Let's keep at it everyone!

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        I chose to go partial this week.

Leg recovery last week wasn't what was hoped for, so this week: very little leg work (therefore cardio was limited and no pool either). Just did the normal walking around.
        Hoping for you that your leg recovers with a little more time, Jer.

Originally posted by 502E79
        All upper body work stayed the same. 3 hours over the week.

And stretching went well with upper body (bad arm) getting my attention. Efforts resulted in some looseness (?!). Also 3 hrs / week.

Naps give me an honest 30 minutes some days? Still amazed at zzzz's without feeling tired at times?! Night sleep wasn't too poor. No explaination.

Oh, after reading your reply post (torso-abs-lower back muscles) in another thread, I spent a few more minutes daily targeting core work on proper gym equipment.
        Great effort, achieving the workouts that you were able to do, despite the leg issue!

Regarding sleep, I've become a regular daily napper. Never thought that would happen but I'm sure my body needs it now.

Originally posted by 502E79
        Did notice a stress relationship to any physical activity. Simple movements after attempting to register my vehicle online.... 2 hours of sitting. Frustration rising. Killer for my body.

Instructions wouldn't have been any better had they been in a foreign language. Poorly designed site, not user friendly. Actually overly comprehensive to the point of confusion. Enough!
        I get it, Jer!

​​​​​​​Should have seen me after many attempts on the computer at getting partial withdrawal transfer of retirement funds (answering security questions, texting me special codes to then enter online, etc.).

Physically, I was weaker than a wet noodle afterwards. And mentally, I was quite dazed and confused.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Should have seen me after many attempts on the computer at getting partial withdrawal transfer of retirement funds (answering security questions, texting me special codes to then enter online, etc.).

Physically, I was weaker than a wet noodle afterwards. And mentally, I was quite dazed and confused.

Yes, exactly. What bothers me most is that this isn't new ground, I've been through this all before... and still get angry!

Allowing my feelings to be compromised I enter a downward spiral.

'...Instructions wouldn't have been any better had they been in a foreign language. Poorly designed site, not user friendly...'

Patience with my MS, not my proud emotional self assertion is the way to go.

Comment

Thanks for starting this. I had a great time! After returning home, and looking at credit card bills, I realized that, with 6 nights of motel bills (2 to get there, 2 at reunion, 2 to get home), exPENsive gas this year, 4 days of meals on the road, plus reunion costs, we spent almost $2000 for a Friday to Sunday reunion.

But, after getting there and thinking about it, I also realized that, although I've seen Dad multiple times during the past five years since the last reunion, I had not seen either my sister or brother since then. (They live at a different location in Canada than either my Dad, or where my daughter used to live.) So, that alone would have made the trip worth it.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Thanks for starting this. I had a great time! After returning home, and looking at credit card bills, I realized that, with 6 nights of motel bills (2 to get there, 2 at reunion, 2 to get home), exPENsive gas this year, 4 days of meals on the road, plus reunion costs, we spent almost $2000 for a Friday to Sunday reunion.

But, after getting there and thinking about it, I also realized that, although I've seen Dad multiple times during the past five years since the last reunion, I had not seen either my sister or brother since then. (They live at a different location in Canada than either my Dad, or where my daughter used to live.) So, that alone would have made the trip worth it.

Mamabug! Thanks for the note. Money means something but in the end memories mean more.

Glad you created a few and recognized those you already have!

Welcome home!

Comment

Working...
              X