The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 06-30-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check in for 06-30-2022

3 checked in last week. 2 made partial goals.
    1 made goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goal again.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello everyone

Mamabug it's terrific that you made partial goal. Keep up your efforts!

I was able to achieve my exercise goals.

Exceeded the amount of time in my walk/stand goal this week by about 30 min. Not going to revise my existing goal just yet, though.

I'm grateful for the abilities that I still have, even though most everything I do is challenging and takes much focus (especially to keep my balance).

Had OT and PT this week too, so I kept busy all week.

Going for goals accomplished again next week.

Hope you all have a great holiday and a wonderful week as well!

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 4X per day @ 20 min each+ Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi guys!

Looks like everyone is still working at it... either partial or complete, we make the effort!

Another complete week for me also! Including a shortened pool session because of thunder / lightening on Friday. Probably did a bit more walking this week also.

Did gamble a bit. At times thinking that I'm right on the cusp of overdoing it. Felt muscle tightness in hip area (bad leg) mid week but continued regardless on Friday... maybe the shortened pool session was a blessing?

Like KoKo, everything I do is challenging and takes patience as well as focus.

The German poet Rilke was a topic of conversation this week when I exchanged email / phone calls with an old friend. Another blessing. Rilke said: .... tasks that have been entrusted to us are difficult; almost everything serious is difficult; and everything is serious.

Using the word entrusted when having MS may be hard for many but the tasks remain They need to be faced head on with patience and confidence. We need to continue using everything we've been given.

So seriously, for ourselves and for those trying to help us, let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Like KoKo, everything I do is challenging and takes patience as well as focus.
          I feel it's important to let other members (who may read this exercise thread) know this, now and then. Just looking at our goals may give the impression that our workouts / exercises are easy and effortless for us. Not!

Originally posted by 502E79
          Using the word entrusted when having MS may be hard for many but the tasks remain They need to be faced head on with patience and confidence. We need to continue using everything we've been given.

So seriously, for ourselves and for those trying to help us, let's keep at it!
          Well stated Jer!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

...even though most everything I do is challenging and takes much focus (especially to keep my balance)....

I feel it's important to let other members (who may read this exercise thread) know this, now and then. Just looking at our goals may give the impression that our workouts / exercises are easy and effortless for us.

Not!

Thanks KoKo for the proper perspective.

I suspect many read in passing what is covered weekly in this thread.

And it is just as likely that some have their own physical or even mental practices they attempt and may have success at... but do not share, thinking that they aren't valuable! Wrong.

Even if someone drops in rarely but throws out an idea that has shown some potential for their own brand of MS...! That idea may benefit another.

Think of it as a flea market where one man's trash becomes another's treasure. Giving is always better than receiving too.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              I suspect many read in passing what is covered weekly in this thread.

And it is just as likely that some have their own physical or even mental practices they attempt and may have success at... but do not share, thinking that they aren't valuable! Wrong.

Even if someone drops in rarely but throws out an idea that has shown some potential for their own brand of MS...! That idea may benefit another.

Think of it as a flea market where one man's trash becomes another's treasure. Giving is always better than receiving too.
              Excellent points you make, Jer.

Comment

Working...
              X