Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Goalposter check-in for the past week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Goalposter check-in for the past week...

A very good week across the board. Weather was kind here in PA and the opportunity to spend some time outside daily, especially at dusk... cannot be beat.

Thinking 4 or more weeks currently of attaining 3 daily gym visits week is certainly lifting my spirits. About 60 - 75 minutes each, but a good effort mix. Elliptical / cardio is now at 2/3 mile with more incline and more resistance without any leg pain.

Pool next week for sure. Pool was closed for maintenance / cleaning so was shy of normal 86 degrees on Friday... so next week.

I hope everyone had as good a week. I checked postings across MSW site daily and hope that people were out and about as best as each of us can be. Certainly not much activity, but that's another post.

KoKo, Mamabug, Seasha, Boudreaux (!), anyone active this week? It's harder to hit a moving target. Let's keep at it.

Ps. Sorry this isn't in the normal format but ANYONE: feel free to talk about your activities this week! You are welcome ANYTIME.

Hey Jer (and everyone reading this too)!

Super effort with your workouts, Jer! Looks like you are doing really well.

I did more exercises this past week. Ready to get back into regular routine.

My Occupational Therapist came this week. Working on some foot drop issues, regarding night splints/bracing.

My goals for this week are:

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 4X per day @ 20 min each+ Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hey Jer (and everyone reading this too)!

Super effort with your workouts, Jer! Looks like you are doing really well.

I did more exercises this past week. Ready to get back into regular routine.

My Occupational Therapist came this week. Working on some foot drop issues, regarding night splints/bracing.

My goals for this week are:

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 4X per day @ 20 min each+ Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

Sincerely enjoyed your post KoKo! A lot has happened for you these past few weeks (months?) but the assistance (Therapist) can inspire.

Met a fellow a month or so ago who suffers from foot drop to the point of driving impairment. He had a brace which he says really helps other than in severe fatigue. I would not have known but he just came from the locker room wearing shorts... it would not be visible in pants.

Really happy that you are looking to establish new routines that incorporate your natural endurance! Simply the reason that you would rather not do it IS the reason to do it. Use all the facilities God gave us.

Hey Faith, what's up? How was your week?

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Sincerely enjoyed your post KoKo! A lot has happened for you these past few weeks (months?) but the assistance (Therapist) can inspire.
        Almost 4 weeks now.

Originally posted by 502E79
        Met a fellow a month or so ago who suffers from foot drop to the point of driving impairment. He had a brace which he says really helps other than in severe fatigue.
        I have worn AFO's for over 20 years. Need night braces now too.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X