• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In thread 05-19-2022

3 checked in last week.

2 made goals
    1 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week,or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Silver Sneakers 1x
    PT at home 2x
    Average steps per day 1249
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Another week and a very good one for me Mamabug! Glad you had success this week too!

A good week for both steps and stairs. Also did elliptical for 8 minutes (1/2 mile, with resistance, in the same allotted time as last weeks 1/4+ mile!) and no pain as I write. Will not get ahead of myself but very satisfied with cardio work again.

Side note: When few or no people are in hallways, I practice walking trying to eliminate "swing-leg" due to drop-foot. By making first step with drop-foot leg, I do a better job. It requires full concentration but positioning my bad leg as the lead leg benefits me. If I lead with good leg, it brings about more swing leg (I tend to "drag" the leg!). It is a mind game!

Stretching... maybe 7 or 8 sessions during week. Beginning to really like the "minute hold" KoKo spoke of few weeks ago.

All upper body, floor exercises were good. Stayed within slightly increased resistance.

The only resistance I increased was core work and will not push it either.

Again... there may be a relationship between elliptical and walking. Positioning feet in exact position, your pace will be set by good leg... the machine keeps your bad leg in proper ROM! When walking normally (2nd paragraph) bad leg achieves just a bit more height and distance although at a V E R Y slow pace.

Hope you're week went well KoKo! Being your first week at the new location probably messed with your routines but you will adapt. That, if anything, is what we all do.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Mamabug and Jer, you both performed good exercises last week!

I achieved partial goals with my stretches, and the arm and leg exercises. Core, back, and walking goals were accomplished.

My week did go well!

Steady parade of various staff members came in all week to introduce their selves.

So far all is well.

Hopefully I'm back into my exercise routines soon.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

My week did go well!

That small exclamation point says it all. Thank's for the update and have a great week!

Comment

I realized that I neglected to start a new week.

I'm so late, I think I'll wait until Thursday.

Sorry!
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              I realized that I neglected to start a new week.

I'm so late, I think I'll wait until Thursday.

Sorry!
              No problem, Mamabug.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
              X