X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Check-In 01/13/2022

3 checked in last week.

2 made goals
    1 was away from home and didn't set goals.

Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Here's my report from last week:
    Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    My report isn't good. Other than occasional PT exercises at home, I haven't done any exercise for a few weeks. I'm also not sure what I want my goals to be, going forward. I'm concerned about group exercise, with COVID numbers up again, and not wearing a mask while exercising.
    My goal for this next week is to document exercise and try to figure out what my strategy will be.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      My goal for this next week is to document exercise and try to figure out what my strategy will be.
      Sounds like a good plan. Don't forget to document any effortful physical activities other than typical/standard exercises.

Some physical activities can be more of a workout than typical exercises!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

I achieved my exercise goals, and also had to go beyond my normal physical limits due to a couple of predicaments that I got into.

In short, I was forced to stand much longer than usual, and to walk when there seemed to be not even an ounce of energy left.

I made it through the predicaments in one piece, thankfully. My work on anxiety and staying calm in precarious situations is paying off.

Life goes on...

I will stay with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug! Happy that you're looking into a variation (course correction?) on exercise. Change tests us for sure but acting on that knowledge, despite the doubts, snares, stumbling possibilities... thats fortitude!

Probably an accolade due to KoKo also... When we're running on fumes and still keep our heads & reach deeper. That's when our exercise pays dividends!

For me a synopsis: I prided myself on old gym routines with the occasional plateau or "good day." Cannot maintain them here. I'm speaking mainly about legs. Doing less leg work since i'm walking much more, Leg work, especially on elliptical, increased my heart rate = better cardio. I'm hesitant here since the walking back to apt may become dicy. I would like to do both during every exercise routine but feel this issue may become "either / or"

The upper body arms & core seem to be about the same although bad arm / hand (@ 10%?) limit some routines.

All in all the lessons continue, along with the tests. Maybe we are all in a similar situation. Same path different points in time?

Let's keep it going!

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Probably an accolade due to KoKo also... When we're running on fumes and still keep our heads & reach deeper. That's when our exercise pays dividends!

Absolutely. Great point, Jer!

For me a synopsis: I prided myself on old gym routines with the occasional plateau or "good day." Cannot maintain them here. I'm speaking mainly about legs. Doing less leg work since i'm walking much more, Leg work, especially on elliptical, increased my heart rate = better cardio. I'm hesitant here since the walking back to apt may become dicy. I would like to do both during every exercise routine but feel this issue may become "either / or"

Totally understand this. Similar to budgeting time, or money. Do I spend it on this, or that?

The upper body arms & core seem to be about the same although bad arm / hand (@ 10%?) limit some routines.

You're doing what you are able to do!

All in all the lessons continue, along with the tests. Maybe we are all in a similar situation. Same path different points in time?

That is very possible!

Comment

Working...
            X