X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters checkin Thread 12-16-2021

3 checked in last week.

3 made goals

Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't do so great this week. Maybe just Silver Sneakers once. I guess I'll call it a partial goal.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm not setting goals at this time. Moving around as much as I can without throwing myself into recovery slump.....still trying to find that balance of movement and rest. Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Partial goal is good!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Boudreaux!

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are taking care of yourself.

Wishing you the best as you recover.

Keep checking in with us.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey everyone!

I achieved my exercise goals and all went well.

My week was busy with phone calls and visitors. Tis the season.

Got through another week in one piece! Thank goodness.

I will stay with the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
            Last edited by KoKo; 12-18-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Have to say that the week went well. Compared to days past it appears partial, but I was there... going with "made my goals"

A flicker of doubt now and again but I haven't allowed it to dispel the positives or the Spirit of the season. So with 2 weeks to go before a new page... Still at it!

Details: 2 days at gym with mixed stuff. Understand equipment improves. Only about 150 minutes total. Less cardio (elipicital) due to the ADL walking 'round here.

One day at pool but with resistance ankle fins I ordered. Went pretty well, they do the job in pool. At 50 minutes, stopped and did not push it. Hit the shower and having thought ahead... walked (very slowly) to a parked car & short drive to apartment. Smarter than the average bear.

Only 3 days stretching, less than 1.5 hrs. total. Getting back to flexibility of late October isn't going as quickly as I would like... no surprise there. I want the world and I want it now! Yet another flicker dismissed! I keep at it.

Welcome back Boudreaux, that balance point is really hard to find... a moving target. Thanks for an update! KoKo, glad to hear that visitors and phone calls didn't take a toll. That kind of thing is KILLER for me. And Mamabug, the Silver Sneaks can be wearing, so you got to it despite the goings-on of the season creates! Brava!

I'll be the one to say we all miss you Seasha! When you can, drop a line.

The coming week(s) may not give as much opportunity but let's do what we can.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Have to say that QUOTE week went well. Compared to days past it appears partial, but I was there... going with "made my goals"
                Fantastic!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                A flicker of doubt now and again but I haven't allowed it to dispel the positives or the Spirit of the season. So with 2 weeks to go before a new page... Still at it!

Details: 2 days at gym with mixed stuff. Understand equipment improves. Only about 150 minutes total. Less cardio (elipicital) due to the ADL walking 'round here.

One day at pool but with resistance ankle fins I ordered. Went pretty well, they do the job in pool. At 50 minutes, stopped and did not push it. Hit the shower and having thought ahead..]. walked (very slowly) to a parked car & short drive to apartment. Smarter than the average bear.

Only 3 days stretching, less than 1?).5 hrs. total. Getting back to flexibility of late October isn't going as quickly as I would like... no surprise there. I want the world and I want it now! Yet another flicker dismissed! I keep at it.
                Very good report!

Great to hear that the ankle fins are doable.

Resisting the negative flickers that try to infiltrate sure does take a lot of mindfulness. Good for you!

I like your car idea, Jer (or should I call you Yogi?).

Comment

Seasha ~ If you're unable to exercise at this time, we certainly understand.

We are still interested in and care about how you are doing.

Are you busy with Christmas baking and gift shopping?

That is exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                    Seasha ~ If you're unable to exercise at this time, we certainly understand.

We are still interested in and care about how you are doing.

Are you busy with Christmas baking and gift shopping?

That is exercise.
                    Thanks Koko,

Yes I'm doing a lot of holiday prep and cooking, but I am no longer setting goals, nor keeping track. Therefore my absence.

I wish you all well and hope you have a good Christmas!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                      I wish you all well and hope you have a good Christmas!
                      Thank you Seasha!

Wishing you the same!

Comment

You too Seasha! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X