• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters exercise check in 12-02-2021

3 checked in last week.

2 made goals
    1 made partial goals.

Hey -- I miss hearing from our regulars.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Minimally made partial goals.

I attended only one group exercise and did only one day of PT exercises at home.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

You can always try again, to get back on track next week.

~~ I achieved my exercise goals.

Must do my stretches daily, several times, in order to move about to the best of my ability.

I get up on my feet to walk/stand for at least 30 min, 5 times a day. It feels great to get off of my no fat and no muscle bottom.

Most of my exercises are doable right here in my recliner (even the ones that are done lying down).

My exercises are simple, but very effective. They are part of my life, and a good habit.

Same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi guys!

You both are doing fine, simply some weeks are better / some weeks not as good. Keeping at it is the way to go!

Have to laugh out loud at KoKo's "
        ...It feels great to get off of my no fat and no muscle bottom." Picture that, except with me its one side, shoulder to foot! So bad I am surprised I don't spin in a circle.

My week.... still getting use to new equipment and have to get a routine back in place. But 2 trips to gym, total of about 3 hours. Just 20 minutes on cardio stuff with the walking around here filling in. My biggest drawback has been stretching. Before moving I did 25 minutes daily, 5 days a week. Here I forget… only once last week so far.

Anyhow, POOL work!... after 18 + months!! Maybe 60 minutes....

There is stainless steel rail that runs the length of pool about 6” under surface! There is a portable box/step (8” height!) that you fill with water to place on pool bottom. Step up / step down. Sounds ok, not so... Killer.

There are noodles and boards for my bad arm stretch. Yesterday I placed an order for ankle “fins”… strap on, in-pool resistance, since they don’t want ankle weights in pool, probably due to the 3'5” to 8’ graded depth, and a lot of senior citizens.

I remembered a fair amount of what my trainer put me through AND still did it!

Especially gratifying was the “swim-like-a-frog” thing. With an underwater rail, I can stretch out both arms to some degree, grab rail, and establish a 12x set of frog kicks focusing on coordination. Then repeat. Again killer.

Any routine takes time so, no hurry. Remembering that the word "hurry" left my vocabulary years ago.

Let's keep at it, and Mamabug, I'm with you, missing our regulars too!

Just previewed this and it has 2-3 different point sizes along with 2 fonts? What's with that?

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Have to laugh out loud at KoKo's "It feels great to get off of my no fat and no muscle bottom." Picture that, except with me its one side, shoulder to foot! So bad I am surprised I don't spin in a circle.
          Same here - right side, shoulder to foot.

My week.... still getting use to new equipment and have to get a routine back in place. But 2 trips to gym, total of about 3 hours. Just 20 minutes on cardio stuff with the walking around here filling in.
          Not too shabby! Pretty darn good, in fact.

My biggest drawback has been stretching. Before moving I did 25 minutes daily, 5 days a week. Here I forget… only once last week so far.
          You're fortunate that you aren't a 'stiff', like me.

Anyhow, POOL work!... after 18 + months!! Maybe 60 minutes....

There is stainless steel rail that runs the length of pool about 6” under surface! There is a portable box/step (8” height!) that you fill with water to place on pool bottom. Step up / step down. Sounds ok, not so... Killer.

There are noodles and boards for my bad arm stretch. Yesterday I placed an order for ankle “fins”… strap on, in-pool resistance, since they don’t want ankle weights in pool, probably due to the 3'5” to 8’ graded depth, and a lot of senior citizens.

I remembered a fair amount of what my trainer put me through AND still did it!

Especially gratifying was the “swim-like-a-frog” thing. With an underwater rail, I can stretch out both arms to some degree, grab rail, and establish a 12x set of frog kicks focusing on coordination. Then repeat. Again killer.
          What a fantastic pool report! Sounds fun and yet very challenging at the same time.

Way to go, Jer!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X