• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters check-in thread 11-04-2021

Only 3 checked in last week.

1 made goals
    2 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hello everyone!

Achieved my exercise goals, and thankful for that.

Not much action in our thread! I look forward to the check-ins, even if you weren't able to exercise.

I'll keep my report short this week.

My week went alright, with some very smooth-going moments, as well as some very bumpy ones.

Got through it all, A-OK, using my calming tools - breathing techniques, affirmations, prayerful verses.

Getting through small predicaments in a calm manner prevents them from becoming bigger, anxiety-extended ones.

A most important lesson that I needed to learn with time, patience, and practice.

It amazes me still, how anxiousness can so greatly affect my physical abilities.

Anyways, I'll use my current goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Got through it all, A-OK, using my calming tools - breathing techniques, affirmations, prayerful verses.

Getting through small predicaments in a calm manner prevents them from becoming bigger, anxiety-extended ones.

A most important lesson that I needed to learn with time, patience, and practice.

It amazes me still, how anxiousness can so greatly affect my physical abilities.

Agree on all counts KoKo! Unfortunately, for me, the lessons need to be practiced on as regular a basis as our routines are. Sad that adjustments such as these do not become automatic, but that would be tooooo easy.

For me, maybe an hour of stretching, over 2 days! That's it. No gym. Next week may be worse.

Still have much to do but now when I move from room to room, the chaos is packed away in boxes awaiting a new home.

Must admit to thinking I no longer know their contents... despite earmarking each?! And was wondering about opening them... maybe one a day? Or only open when I need something?

Funny that I haven't had a need for the contents of at least 5-6 boxes, packed for as many days!

We all must have a lot more stuff than we really need.

I expect to be online next weekend. Hope everyone has as good a week as you KoKo!

Comment

Solid week Koko.
        Hopefully you can get back to your exercise routines soon Jerry.

I'm still limping along trying to pull it all back in. Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Agree on all counts KoKo! Unfortunately, for me, the lessons need to be practiced on as regular a basis as our routines are. Sad that adjustments such as these do not become automatic, but that would be tooooo easy.

May never be automatic, but results do happen quicker!

For me, maybe an hour of stretching, over 2 days! That's it. No gym. Next week may be worse.

Me thinks that you have enough to do. I just read an article about how MS cognitive activity can also cause physical fatigue.

Still have much to do but now when I move from room to room, the chaos is packed away in boxes awaiting a new home.

Must admit to thinking I no longer know their contents... despite earmarking each?! And was wondering about opening them... maybe one a day? Or only open when I need something?

My vote is for just when you need something.

Funny that I haven't had a need for the contents of at least 5-6 boxes, packed for as many days!

We all must have a lot more stuff than we really need.

Yes, I think so too.

Wishing that your week goes smooth, Jer!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            Solid week Koko.
            Thank you! Great to hear from you, Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            I'm still limping along trying to pull it all back in. Keep it going.
            Hang in there and remain hopeful! Asking for blessings, for you and your family.

Wishing that you experience some improvements, day by day!

Comment

Partial goals because I had a schedule conflict on one day if group exercise.

Similar to last week.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been checking in. I am getting no exercise other than stretching.
                But I'm here to cheer you on
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Sorry I haven't been checking in. I am getting no exercise other than stretching.
                  But I'm here to cheer you on
                  Hi Seasha!

Don't forget that household chores, walking around the house, meal preps, putting groceries away, etc. are physical activities/exercise.

They use energy and muscle power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                    Partial goals because I had a schedule conflict on one day if group exercise.

Similar to last week.
                    Hi Mamabug!

Good for you on getting some of your goals accomplished!

Comment

Working...
                    X