• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters check-in thread 10-28-2021

4 checked in last week.

1 didn't set goals.
    2 made goals
    1 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals.

Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
    - Exercised only 2x. Silver Sneakers 2x. Senior Balance - none. It was raining that day and I didn't want to go out.
    - PT at home 3x
    - Average steps per day: 1393.

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Mamabug ~ Good for you on achieving partial exercise goals!

~~~ I accomplished my exercise goals, and they went well. Thankful for that.

When my confidence wanes, and my small mindedness wants to go to a sour attitude, engaging in a few simple exercises helps me to feel a sense of some control.

The breathing techniques and stretches seem to pacify my mental state, as well as my physical state.

Taking time each day for meditation/prayer also is beneficial. This includes asking for blessings for the people in my life.

I believe it is true that our physical, mental, and spiritual selves are interconnected, and they all work together for our well-being.

Ramble done......

My exercise goals for next week will remain the same.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Still here. Been a partial week with only one 100 minute session at gym on Monday, mixed stuff went fine. 4 days of stretching about 90 minutes total... fair.

Am getting a lot of ADL work in, so I believe the background of physical gym activity has been paying off. Call it KoKo's "sense of some control" My time standing doing all the "step-and-fetch" involved with packing to move EQUALS the 100 minutes of mixed exercise at the gym before I need to sit down.

Congratulations again Mamabug, you are back!

Expect no exercise (at gym) this week which will be hectic. Hope to maintain some stretching. EVERYWHERE I turn there is something to do.

This will be my last move. Now know how little a person really needs other than friendships.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Still here. Been a partial week with only one 100 minute session at gym on Monday, mixed stuff went fine. 4 days of stretching about 90 minutes total... fair.
          Plenty good enough, all things considered.

Am getting a lot of ADL work in, so I believe the background of physical gym activity has been paying off.
          Absolutely!

My time standing doing all the "step-and-fetch" involved with packing to move EQUALS the 100 minutes of mixed exercise at the gym before I need to sit down.
          Without a doubt! Especially since you're standing for the most part.

Expect no exercise (at gym) this week which will be hectic. Hope to maintain some stretching. EVERYWHERE I turn there is something to do.
          Totally understandable, Jer. You're using the precious energy and strength that's available to you in a judicious manner.

Good luck, and wishing all goes well for you!

This will be my last move. Now know how little a person really needs other than friendships.
          Good food for thought, oh wise one!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Good luck, and wishing all goes well for you!
            Thanks KoKo.

I believe it is true that our physical, mental, and spiritual selves are interconnected, and they all work together for our well-being.

I wanted to comment on the above, from your original post.

Acknowledging our spiritual self, whether we think of ourselves as religious or new age or we don't think at all, overshadows any mental or physical infirmity... our essence is found in what life expects from us. Recognizing this inter-connection, as you pointed out, is a gift. Some will explain it as simply being human, others a blessing or Gods grace, many appear totally unaware at all!

But spiritually adds a dimension to my existance and has become more assessable due to my infirmity. I could not continue without my beliefs.

Should have posted in the Gratitude thread. Let's keep at it.

Comment

Working...
            X