• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Thread 10-21-2021

4 checked in last week.

1 didn't make goals.
    2 made goals
    1 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
    - Exercised 3x. Silver Sneakers 1x. Senior Balance 1x.
    - PT at home 2x
    - Average steps per day: 1380. I wear my Garmin on my arm and it does not have a mileage tracker so it tracks only arm movements and not leg movements. So, because it doesn't record bike riding, my total would be high enough.

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you made your goal, Mamabug!
      I didn't set any goals and I really didn't exercise much. I've been in a funk lately...
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone!

Mamabug ~ Terrific! You achieved your exercise goals!

Seasha ~ Funks are no fun! Hoping that things are looking a little brighter today for you.

~~~ I accomplished my exercise goals, and they went well.

Nothing new or exciting to report.

Been following my 11 month old great niece and her 'firsts' (talking, walking, dancing, etc) thanks to videos that are sent to me regularly. Always uplifting!

The weather here has cooled down, which helps. No A/C needed, for a week or so.

Mornings are still my best functioning times. Afternoons are still the most difficult times for me. Then when evenings come, I function better again. Very grateful that I have those better functioning times.

I took a couple of naps during the week, and naturally I was wide awake in the middle of the night. I don't think naps are going to be my best option for getting more sleep.

Anyhoo....I will stick with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Looks like Mamabug wins the (no cigar icon!) this week. I think you are stringing a few weeks (3+?) together now, excellent, keep it going!

Hey Seasha! We were going to have a conversation if you didn't get back in gear but I'm suffering similar. Funk might not cover it. Wherever I turn, there is something that needs my attention. Overwhelmed? Molasses in winter describes my ability to attend to anything. I am at the mercy of friends, but they don't see the urgency... to have all my facilities once again, if only for a week! then I would see things as my friends do. A guy can dream, eh?

Hey KoKo! Your attitude speaks volumes, uplifting too, being a part of all those "firsts" you mentioned. It's getting to the point that "Nothing new or exciting to report" would be welcomed here. All that is new and exciting is really relief that something or just maybe, everything is working out. Rarely as planned but just the same... resolved! Again, only by blessing can my move be coming to a timely close.

Partial week for me. 2 days ESCAPE to gym. 3 hours. Good mix. Fair to good results (core work ). Only 4 days stretching with similar results, 90 minutes total? Was happy that stretching the day following arm work at gym went quite well ! ? ! NEVER will I understand this illness.

And a shout out to our friend Boudreaux! Hope all is well.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79
            It's getting to the point that "Nothing new or exciting to report" would be welcomed here. All that is new and exciting is really relief that something or just maybe, everything is working out. Rarely as planned but just the same... resolved! Again, only by blessing can my move be coming to a timely close.
            I hear ya! Well said, Jer.

Originally posted by 502E79
            Partial week for me. 2 days ESCAPE to gym. 3 hours. Good mix. Fair to good results (core work ). Only 4 days stretching with similar results, 90 minutes total? Was happy that stretching the day following arm work at gym went quite well ! ? ! NEVER will I understand this illness.
            Healthy escape!

Glad for you that you were able to get some workouts in!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
            X