Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-05-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-05-2020

4 checked in last week. 2 made goals 2 made partial goals 1 ? -- Jer; I wasn't sure if you made goals or not. For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My goal was to record exercise. I made goal.

August goals:
    - Just record exercise.

Usual week goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
    - Exercise: No group exercise because I'm being careful about masking in public with an upcoming trip and required negative covid test to cross the border
    But, I actually went on 3 "bike" rides with hubby.
    - PT at home 3x
    - Average steps per day: My Garmen only showed 893 per day.
    *I expected it to be lower than the norm because, since I'm not attending group exercise, I'm out of the house less.
    *Also, my Garmen counts my Silver Sneakers exercise as walking steps; both my arms and legs are often moving. it actually only counts my arm movements because I wear it on my arm and it doesn't have a GPS. So, skipping group exercise affects both my "exercise" goal AND my "steps" goal.
    *It didn't count my bike rides as walking steps, because it only counts arm movements and my arm remains still during biking. So, that would have added some.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Well, Mamabug, good job of recording your exercises. I hope the exercise classes will be an option for you sometime soon.

I made my goal and then some:

Babysat once
      Garden weeding and harvesting 5 times
      Did extra walking while taking my granddaughter on trip to a "hands on" museum for kids and another time when we went to an opening art show for a friend. Lots (maybe too much) walking around the gallery. Both times I'll count as a bonus!

Hope the weather is cooperating for you all. Drought here....
      We haven't had rain since the beginning of June, but forecast for tomorrow is scattered showers. Fingers crossed
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        - Jer; I wasn't sure if you made goals or not.
        I knowlingly didn't make goals last week, busy, busy week. But have to say the partial success included things that would not be available at the gym... think Seasha's weeding. So, although partial it was profitable! Glad you got to record a few success' and hope your upcoming trip goes well too/
        And Seasha, good luck with the harvest AND with the weather which has been unpredictable 'cross the country.

My week at gym was shorter, both sessions @ 100 minutes+ Solid cardio. Good core work. Legs fair but arms seemed pretty good with grip maintaining although dexterity is terriable.

Again, the week contained a lot of variables which led to hours of time on my feet, walking, bending, loading & carrying etc, cleaning out studio / garage. Counts as exercise surely but serves as a reminder of just how really bad walking has gotten.

Need to be out of your comfort zone (gym!) to see the practical side. Hoping that years of gym sessions actually got me into some condition of fitness that I managed as well as I did. And my mental wherewith all was sharp. "Truly blessed" a friend said the other day and he's right.

All I've got! Let's keep at it.

Oh! My trainer came up from the sunshine state. We had a nice dinner & caught up. So, some R&R tossed into the week helped!

Comment

Hi everyone!

Looks like you've all been active. Way to go!

I was too, and accomplished my exercise goals.

I had a nice week, with the usual challenging moments tossed in for good measure.

I was able to deal with these moments without anxiety, which is a blessing that I am extremely grateful for.

My other sister who is a year older than me, brought over a salmon patty dinner and vegetables from her garden.

Also, she cut my hair. Both of my sisters are terrific!

I will keep the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X