• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 07-15-2021

4 checked in last week.

3 made goals.
    1 didn't record goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hello Everyone. Not tracking this past week as the family and I are enjoying a little R&R. I plan on getting back into the groove next week with tracking. 2 runs 2 nights of BJJ 3 body weight exercise sessions Daily stretches... Keep it going.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone!

Bourdeaux ~ Great to hear that you and your family are enjoying some R + R!

~~ I achieved my exercise goals, and all went well. I had a very nice week, for the most part. There were a few hours of extreme weakness, due to my eating way too much hot salsa.

The dew point was in the tropical range as it was, so I wasn't exactly at optimum strength when I ate the hot salsa. Thought I could get away with it - but noooo!

It's still hard to fathom how sensitive my nerve signals are, to an increase in body temperature.

Sit-to-stand has been going really well, which has helped to reduce anxiety. It had become quite nerve wracking worrying about whether or not I would be able to get up! Also, not needing the yoga ball between the knees anymore.

Same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Boudreaux! Glad all is going well and you are home and not on the road. Enjoy the time with family + friends.

KoKo - staying clear of hot salsa is not an easy thing but you know best... Good luck! Sounds like a solid week regardless.

I made goals although they were "on the fly." The heat / humidity continues along with lack of AC in most of gym, but heat isn't a problem for me. That said, it was uncomfortable but I managed 3 90+ minute sessions this week. Along with 5 days at 25 minutes stretching at home with AC. The stretching has improved, consistently. I am very surprised and can only point to the adjustment in routine order adapted a month (?) ago.

Also core work at 60 reps on decline bench at 30 degrees+ now is at 5 10s and 2 5s. Use to be 3 10s and 6 5s! For the life of me this jump is welcome but inexplicable.

Leg strength fair, walking poor / fair. I try, but must acknowledge this. Seriously need to look into different kinds of walkers... Will keep at it.

Arm / upper body fair to good. Heat may be effecting this, I do know that my grip has diminished, might have to go back to hooks.

Cardio was about 4 miles on mixed stuff. Cut back due to heat or laziness maybe

Still trying to remember ADLs. This week was not a good example.

That's all I've got. Shout out to Seasha & Mamabug.

Comment

I love salsa Koko and often over indulge in it...great job making those goals. Family is on the road with me Jerry...took them to scout the potential new digs. Upstate SC is a nice place and tonight we watch the Braves play. Solid job catching those goals on the fly. Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Shout out to Seasha & Mamabug..
            Thanks. I'll try to sync my Garmin tomorrow so I can post. I'm mostly on my phone, but I prefer to use my desktop to sync.

~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79n510077
              KoKo - staying clear of hot salsa is not an easy thing but you know best... Good luck! Sounds like a solid week regardless.

I blasted the A/C, got my body really cooled down (felt very chilly), and finished off the jar of salsa and tortilla chips - with a nice cold container of plain yogurt (think sour cream) - and did not get the extreme fatigue / weakness! Victory!

Originally posted by 502E79n510077
              I made goals although they were "on the fly." The heat / humidity continues along with lack of AC in most of gym, but heat isn't a problem for me. That said, it was uncomfortable but I managed 3 90+ minute sessions this week. Along with 5 days at 25 minutes stretching at home with AC. The stretching has improved, consistently. I am very surprised and can only point to the adjustment in routine order adapted a month (?) ago.

Also core work at 60 reps on decline bench at 30 degrees+ now is at 5 10s and 2 5s. Use to be 3 10s and 6 5s! For the life of me this jump is welcome but inexplicable.

Leg strength fair, walking poor / fair. I try, but must acknowledge this. Seriously need to look into different kinds of walkers... Will keep at it.

Arm / upper body fair to good. Heat may be effecting this, I do know that my grip has diminished, might have to go back to hooks.

Cardio was about 4 miles on mixed stuff. Cut back due to heat or laziness maybe

Still trying to remember ADLs. This week was not a good example.
              You sure put in a super amount of effort with your workouts, Jer! Fantastic!

It will be wonderful when you find a mobility aid that works for you. Wishing you good luck!

I'll never forget the huge improvement with my walking, the first time that I used my rollator walker. I was overjoyed to walk all the way around my apartment complex a few times, and continued to walk daily, weather permitting, for several years.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goals.

Goals I had set:
                - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
                - PT at home once or twice
                - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance
                - PT at home 2x
                - Average steps per day: 1451.

Next week's goals:
                - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  Made goals.

Goals I had set:
                  - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance
                  - PT at home 2x
                  - Average steps per day: 1451.

Mamabug ~ Magnificent job achieving your goals! Nice variety of exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    I love salsa Koko and often over indulge in it...great job making those goals. Family is on the road with me Jerry...took them to scout the potential new digs. Upstate SC is a nice place and tonight we watch the Braves play. Solid job catching those goals on the fly. Keep it going.
                    Thanks Boudreaux, Heard there was some half-wits in a drive by causing a shortened game.... Guess it is "eyes open" no matter where we are these days. Heard a lot of nice stuff about SC... so, Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                      I blasted the A/C, got my body really cooled down (felt very chilly), and finished off the jar of salsa and tortilla chips - with a nice cold container of plain yogurt (think sour cream) - and did not get the extreme fatigue / weakness! Victory!
                      You win KoKo. Hands down. Hot salsa with chips then cold yogurt! I give up.

My pint of Guinness with a serving of chocolate ice cream... a distant second.

Thanks for the motivation to address the mobility issue also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        [Next week's goals:
                        - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
                        You are progressing each week, even partials count. Good luck with the above goals Mamabug!

Comment

Wow all! great effort to all of you Road trip, heat and humidity, hot salsa and yogurt, pint of Guinness with chocolate ice cream? Whatever floats your boats!

Company left and with my house cleaner/garden help unavailable until next week, I'm already on my way to reaching my goal for next week. Exhausted, but some things can't be put off.
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                          X