• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 07-08-2021

5 hecked in last week.

3 made goals.
    1 didn't work on goals, due to heat.
    1 not setting goals. Thanks for checking in anyways!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I manage to keep active in the garden as my helper friend was out of town. The start of harvest has begun and weather still hot, but not unbearably so.

My friend was to also clean my house when she got back, but got sick, so I had to hustle and clean. Put dh to work too!

So, I guess I certainly made my goal!

Our son and family due to arrive this evening from the east coast https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​, so will probably not be making goals for next week.
    Hope you all have a successful week!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      I manage to keep active in the garden as my helper friend was out of town. The start of harvest has begun and weather still hot, but not unbearably so.

My friend was to also clean my house when she got back, but got sick, so I had to hustle and clean. Put dh to work too!

So, I guess I certainly made my goal!

Absolutely made your goal, Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Our son and family due to arrive this evening from the east coast https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​, so will probably not be making goals for next week.
      Hope you all have a successful week!
      Enjoy the time with your family!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

I accomplished my exercise goals too, and I enjoyed a nice week.

Sit-to-stand is going well, and anxiety level is way down, thankfully.

When I'm calm on the inside, then my muscles are relaxed on the outside.

Walking is a tad bit better, with the dew point finally out of the tropical range!

I will stay with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Goalposters!

Seasha, resourcefulness when needed! Proves the point of being able to adapt comes from keeping active when we don't necessarily feel it. Enjoy your first harvest!

KoKo - good to hear you are calmer. Also that tropical dew points are becoming a memory. Love it when the muscles relax on their own, just too rare, MHO.

And Mamabug, assuming your week went well enough.... I turned around the "1 didn't work on goals, due to heat." Did 3 days at gym: cycling through my usual routines (upper / lower body, core, cardio) each day and adding in a bit of ADL's despite AC being down.

Also did a full week daily of my stretching routine. And attended to a fair amount of running around, getting ducks, maybe stars alined too (?). More to come.

Everything went well even with the humidity and daily rain. Truly sorry to friends out west who could use this kind of weather.

Let's keep it going.

Comment

I should have posted mine sooner instead of procrastinating. Oops.

By now, I don't remember what was last week, or a different week. Not sure if I made goals or just partial goals.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              turned around the "1 didn't work on goals, due to heat." Did 3 days at gym: cycling through my usual routines (upper / lower body, core, cardio) each day and adding in a bit of ADL's despite AC being down.

Also did a full week daily of my stretching routine. And attended to a fair amount of running around, getting ducks, maybe stars alined too (?). More to come.

Everything went well even with the humidity and daily rain. Truly sorry to friends out west who could use this kind of weather.

Let's keep it going.

Marvelous report Jer! Looks like you had a very active and productive week.

Hope the stars do align perfectly for you, Jer.

Comment

Working...
              X