Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 02-11-2021

5 checked in last week.

3 made goals. (1 modified them through "practical ADL's")
    1 made partial goals.
    1 didn't set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My goal for this week wasl simply to attempt exercise and record what I do. I made goal.

On Thursday was the follow up appointment that I mentioned last week. After the appointment, since we were already in Wichita, we visited the office of one of our Kansas senators to talk about immigration issues, how they are affecting my daughter's family, what can be done, etc. There was a lot of walking, so I'll definitely count that as one day.

Otherwise, I didn't do a lot. A few days, I walked occasional laps in my house; one day it was more significant, the other day it wasn't much. Also, I did some PT on one day. It looks like I'll be able to add that back in to my exercise routine.

So, for next week, I'll set my goal to exercise 3-4 days. PT, laps in the house, or whatever. I guess I kind of already made that goal last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I walked occasional laps in my house;
      I imagine with this cold frigid weather, walking in the house is the way to go! Glad you made your goals, Mamabug

I didn't make my goal this past week.
      Didn't babysit.
      Spasticity was acting up and I just couldn't get motivated.
      Did some PT exercises and incorporated new arm exercises, but the sore arm from the Covid vaccine stopped the left arm ones.

Actually, I got a D for exercising and an A+ for napping and reading.
      Will try harder for next week for at least 3 days.

Stay warm everyone!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone

My goal for this week was simply to attempt exercise and record what I do. I made goal.
        Splendid, Mamabug! Walking is great exercise.

Seasha - Super job napping and reading! Good luck with exercise next week.

I accomplished my exercise goals, with 2 extra bonus days of exercise.

Had a good week overall, and didn't need to call for any help. I'm grateful, and tickled-pink for that!

I'm trying some new strategies in order to circumvent some of the predicaments that I get myself into.

Definitely not going to resign myself to 'well, that's just the way it is' without giving other approaches a good effort first.

Going to continue on with the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage. https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My goal for this week wasl simply to attempt exercise and record what I do. I made goal.
          Good to see Mamabug.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            A+ for napping and reading.
            Naps are awesome Seasha, hope that spacisity lightens up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              I accomplished my exercise goals, with 2 extra bonus days of exercise.

Had a good week overall, and didn't need to call for any help. I'm grateful, and tickled-pink for that!
              Another solid week Koko. Great.

Comment

Hello everyone...I didn't make goals this week.

No Jiu Jitsu....
                One out of two 3 mile runs
                Minimal stretching
                5 x 50 goal is still lacking

Without the gym open, I was able to rest little bit in the evenings. Nasty weather kept me from beating feet this week and well I just gotta get off my rear on these 5 x 50 exercises. Best part...still Covid free.

Keep it going.

Comment

Hi Boudreaux!

Better luck next week with exercise.

The restful evenings were probably needed.

Sending another prayer for you and your family to remain free from the virus.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Boudreaux called us champions in KoKo's general audience post! I agree! KoKo looks to be the this week with extra work and new strategies planned. Mental game plan first, then body at work - way to go!

Partial week for me. Not that it was poor... had 2 days of diminished time at gym being the highlight. Shoveled a bit, two days... there is always snow this year.

The cold from the center of the country is invading NEPA so spasticity is worse. Stretching suffered this week too. And...

rediscovered the effect anxiety plays in my spasticity. I decided to have the roof shoveled off. My estimate was approaching 60 lbs a sq. ft. with more snow coming. It's done. Fellow was cautious, safe, strong and thorough.

Knowing that the roof will not collapse immediately relaxed super tight muscles!! Honestly had no idea I was so tight / stressed!

This week winter took a bite out of everyone... MHO.

Let's keep at it, spring is on the horizon!.... think I heard a bird yesterday.

Comment

KoKo - what a bonus for achieving 2 extra days. You go, girl

Boudreaux - good luck getting back into your routine and so happy you are Covid free!!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                        Partial week for me. Not that it was poor... had 2 days of diminished time at gym being the highlight. Shoveled a bit, two days... there is always snow this year.
                        Sounds more than a partial goal, Jer! Shoveling snow is a huge exercise! Glad you got your roof shoveled too- alleviating stress for you.
                        We have snow is in the forecast now that temps are rising from the 20's to the 30's. Still too cold for me.

Comment

Hi Jer

Boudreaux called us champions in KoKo's general audience post! I agree! KoKo looks to be the this week with extra work and new strategies planned. Mental game plan first, then body at work - way to go!
                          Thank you Jer!

Some gym time and snow shoveling - you exercised! Bravo!

The cold from the center of the country is invading NEPA so spasticity is worse. Stretching suffered this week too.
                          Understandable - must have warm muscles for successful stretching.

And...

rediscovered the effect anxiety plays in my spasticity. I decided to have the roof shoveled off. My estimate was approaching 60 lbs a sq. ft. with more snow coming. It's done. Fellow was cautious, safe, strong and thorough.

Knowing that the roof will not collapse immediately relaxed super tight muscles!! Honestly had no idea I was so tight / stressed!
                          Totally get it Jer! I believe the anxiety center of my brain has a direct line to my muscles, set on speed dial!

Comment

Snow shoveling must be tough. Add to exercises you must....

Cold here too Jerry. Its predicted to get down to 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                              Snow shoveling must be tough. Add to exercises you must....

Cold here too Jerry. Its predicted to get down to 17.
                              Watch yourself tomorrow Mike....

National forecast for down bayou (couldn't help myself) show a lot of pink and blue across the state of Mississippi ! ! ! Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                              X