Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 12-11-2020

5 checked in last week.

I won't report on goals specifically because we sort of combined two weeks since B had to start the post for me cuz I was late. But, we're all doing fairly well.

Here's a music video to keep us moving this week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goals this week. They aren't as specific as they may have been because everything I do now involves more concentration, discipline and recollection. I will skip the details of a successful week, my mind is trying to get use to PA gyms closing again. Until early January 2021.

I have some additional personal equipment given to me when my trainer moved, so....

Just because it looks like a long winter now doesn't mean it will be. : )

Let's not only end strong, let's begin strong.

Comment

I love Madagascar.....

Glad to hear you are doing well Mamabug.

Glad to hear Jerr....and you're right, winter won't be with us long....let's get those beach bodies started now....

​​​​​​​I accomplished my goals.

2 runs at 3 miles each
      2 night of Jiu Jitsu
      5 x 50 daily.
      Good on stretching....

​​​​​​​Keep it going yall.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

[QUOTE=Mamabug;n508461]

Here's a music video to keep us moving this week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcTmpvDO0I
        /QUOTE]

LOL! I'll listen while I sway my body holding onto my walker!

I had a good week and made goal by babysitting twice for a very active 4 yr old, did lots of stretching and yoga poses that are still doable, light housecleaning and PT exercises. Next week goal the same - 3-4 days of active movement.

Glad you have some home equipment, Jer, and have confidence you'll make it work regardless of gym closure!
        And Boudreaux, great workout!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone

Hey, we all had successful weeks at the same time. Parfait!

I accomplished my goals, plus an extra day of exercise thrown in for good measure.

Thankful for a decent week.

I wonder if it was due to the huge patty melt (grilled rye bread with Swiss cheese and onions, and a big juicy burger) I had on Saturday.

Sticking with the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great job KoKo- you get a bonus for your extra day of exercise!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Thank you Seasha!

I had a good week and made goal by babysitting twice for a very active 4 yr old, did lots of stretching and yoga poses that are still doable, light housecleaning and PT exercises. Next week goal the same - 3-4 days of active movement.
              Happy for you that you had a terrific week of exercising as well!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Seasha...uh... I was going to give a star ... for the huge patty melt.

Boudreaux... "....let's get those beach bodies started now...." Not only southern charm, but a sense of humor too!

Mamabug, watched the Madagascar clip twice, love it.

Comment

Working...
                X