Goalposters check-in 12/4/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters check-in 12/4/2020

I don't think we had a check-in for Thanksgiving day, hope you all did well.

Let's finish 2020 strong!
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Hi everyone

Boudreaux - yes let's finish out the year strong!

I accomplished my goals the past two weeks.

If I want to be able to move around the best I can, then my exercises are pretty much a must-do activity for me.

I'm thankful that I can still do them.

Same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for starting this, Boudreaux. Yeah; I guess Thanksgiving weekend messed up normal routines for me, like starting this on Thursday.

I think I probably made goals, but it's a few days late so I'm not very good at backtracking. I've continued to use my Body Gym at home and have added a few additional exercises to it. It's still not close to as many minutes as I was spending at group exercise but I've been regular.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Thanks for starting this, Boudreaux. Yeah; I guess Thanksgiving weekend messed up normal routines for me, like starting this on Thursday.
        Yes, thanks for starting this, Boudreaux.

I wonder what is normal anymore? ... my days just blend into one after the other!

I know I made my goal during Thanksgiving week as I tracked every day, but this past week not so much. Have felt lazy and unmotivated, except for spending lots of time reading and making holiday treats to mail off for long distance families.

Good going, KoKo and Mamabug!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I think I probably made goals, but it's a few days late so I'm not very good at backtracking. I've continued to use my Body Gym at home and have added a few additional exercises to it. It's still not close to as many minutes as I was spending at group exercise but I've been regular.
          Mamabug ~ It's great to see that you're able to use your Body Gym, while waiting for your group exercises to resume. We do the best we can, with what we have. Great effort!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I know I made my goal during Thanksgiving week as I tracked every day, but this past week not so much. Have felt lazy and unmotivated, except for spending lots of time reading and making holiday treats to mail off for long distance families.
            Seasha ~ Terrific job on accomplishing your goal during Thanksgiving week!

And I would add that making holiday treats is physical activity too - moving about, reaching into cupboards, cleaning up, etc.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Boudreaux, My thanks also for the initial posting for these missing two weeks... I should have picked up the baton. No excuses.

KoKo, Could not agree more... "If I want to be able to move around the best I can, then my exercises are pretty much a must-do activity for me. I'm thankful that I can still do them."

Seasha, my days just blend into one after the other too!

Mamabug, even @ gym I workout alone... more than ever before lately. Glad you are adding to your routines with your Body Gym. Like Mike says; lets END this year strong!

I had two very good weeks. Some disappointment, but not enough to upset the game plan.

Overall:

Cardio: is better with 30 minutes being touched occasionally (once out of 3 times every week), i.8 miles average on mixed equipment.
              Stretching: Want to say better but I simply cannot establish a good sequence of days in a row... but never less, 12 of the last 14 days at about 30 minutes each day.
              Arms: Some things improved... and some loss, sigh.
              Legs: Right leg weaker and has given out, folded a bit 2-3 times over the last 14 days. Didn't fall but...
              Core: A highlight! 60 decline bench sit-ups at an increased angle (over 6 days). Plus some Spa ball core work once in a while.

Also, again a mention of choice, kinda like KoKo... We all have to choose to do what we do and there are hidden benefits to this. By acting on our choice to exercise we effectively make a stand, so to speak, in our MS altered lives. I think this is the strength Mike brings up rightfully. Not just the repetitions in a set but getting up for the next set is what life is all about.

tidbits.... Loving an automatic vehicle, last off my tree work scheduled for this week (missed snow by a few miles !!), and on Thanksgiving, my handyman and his wife dropped off a turkey plate sufficient fo two great meals. I ask you, Who's got it better!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                I had two very good weeks. Some disappointment, but not enough to upset the game plan.

Overall:

Cardio: is better with 30 minutes being touched occasionally (once out of 3 times every week), i.8 miles average on mixed equipment.
                Stretching: Want to say better but I simply cannot establish a good sequence of days in a row... but never less, 12 of the last 14 days at about 30 minutes each day.
                Arms: Some things improved... and some loss, sigh.
                Legs: Right leg weaker and has given out, folded a bit 2-3 times over the last 14 days. Didn't fall but...
                Core: A highlight! 60 decline bench sit-ups at an increased angle (over 6 days). Plus some Spa ball core work once in a while.
                Super duper workouts, Jer!

Also, again a mention of choice, kinda like KoKo... We all have to choose to do what we do and there are hidden benefits to this. By acting on our choice to exercise we effectively make a stand, so to speak, in our MS altered lives. I think this is the strength Mike brings up rightfully. Not just the repetitions in a set but getting up for the next set is what life is all about.
                Gotta love your wisdom and team spirit, Jer!

tidbits.... Loving an automatic vehicle, last off my tree work scheduled for this week (missed snow by a few miles !!),
                Fantastique!

and on Thanksgiving, my handyman and his wife dropped off a turkey plate sufficient for two great meals. I ask you, Who's got it better!
                My sister and bro-in-law brought me a plate for two meals as well, but unfortunately, I gobbled up the whole delicious thing in one sitting!

Comment

Super job, Jer!

Careful with the leg giving out...happens to me too (and sometimes falling), regardless of how much I exercise them. I never know if I'm doing too much or too little? It's clearly a balancing act, pun intended!

Stay strong everyone
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks KoKo for your aperçu of these last to weeks! (Trying to bring back my high school French.... Fantastique!)

....regardless of how much I exercise them. I never know if I'm doing too much or too little? It's clearly a balancing act, pun intended!
                    Seasha I never had children but there are times that I believe I'm treating my leg like misbehaving child. I'll keep telling it what to do, to no avail, on the hope that one day, when I REALLY REALLY need a response, it will be there!

Best I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                      I accomplished my goals the past two weeks.
                      Awesome job KoKo.

Comment

I think I probably made goals
                        I think you did too!

Comment

I know I made my goal during Thanksgiving week as I tracked every day, but this past week not so much.
                          Perfectly fine to take a rest when you're feeling tired.

Comment

Another solid report. We wouldn't realize the good weeks without the bad ones.

Comment

I got partials both weeks, did more running on Thanksgiving week and more Jiu Jitsu the following week. I've been pretty solid with the stretching too, maybe 5-6 sessions a week.

I've really got to step it up this week and get it in when I can. Big plans in work. Keep it going.

Comment

Working...
                              X