• Show
Clear All

Goaliposters exercise check in thread 11-12-2020

5 checked in last week.

3 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.
    1 didn't make goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
    1 Chair Yoga
    3 PT at home

And, I have some exciting news. My daughter is expecting another baby. Due in May. They have two little boys. M is 4. L has a birthday today; he is turning 3.

We hope that we'll be able to see new baby then. Perhaps when the vaccine comes out, that COVID will be under better control. Travel to Manitoba (Canada) would not be possible for us right now. The whole province is under increased restrictions, due to high COVID numbers there.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you made your goal this week, Mamabug, and congratulations for another baby on the way!

I didn't make my goal this week and really didn't try. Just trying to learn new techniques for doing most of housework, etc. with brace on R hand and function with weak L hand.

I did manage to babysit for a couple hrs. and went to PT with one exercise to try out. Squeezing a small block of light weight foam.

I'm going to try some short outdoor walking with my trekking poles as a goal for next week.
      Keep moving friends!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I made goals.
        AWESOME!
        Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        And, I have some exciting news. My daughter is expecting another baby.
        Thats is exciting. Congratulations.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

I didn't make my goal this week and really didn't try.
          Sometimes you need to take a break from it all.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Keep moving friends!
          Will do.

Comment

Goals exceeded...
            2 nights of Jiu Jitsu....done
            2 runs at 3 miles each.....4 runs at 3 miles each.....12 miles
            Multiple stretch sessions

I also started a workout of the day (WOD) everyday since 10/29 I've done 5 x 50. Thats 50 reps of 5 exercises.
            50 push-ups
            50 squats
            50 crunches
            50 dips
            50 calf raises

a friend I've been knowing since I can remember has Crohns and was recently in the hospital. He said he thought he was dying because of the pain in his abdomen. He told me that as long as he could do the 5 x 50 exercises everyday he would keep fighting so I text him everyday to let him know when I've completed my 5 x 50. Keep it going.
            Screenshot_20201111-215230_Connect.jpg

Comment

Hello everyone

Mamabug ~ Wonderful! You accomplished your goals and have a new grandbaby on the way.

Seasha ~ Hope you continue to heal. Good luck with your walking goal next week!

Boudreaux ~ Amazing! Wow! What a super exercise week you had!

And the support that you and your friend with Crohn's have for each other is remarkable. (I can't think of anything that I could do 50 times in succession )

~ Short and sweet report today ~

In general, I had a very good week.

I accomplished my goals, and they went well.

I practiced an attitude of gratitude for the things that went 'my way', as well as for the challenges (getting through a challenge has it's own rewards).

No predicaments to have to get myself out of.

Practiced some focus, concentration, and visualization (with a good bit of success), regarding leg movement.

Will continue with the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...

Last edited by KoKo; 11-13-2020, 10:53 AM.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

In general, I had a very good week.

I accomplished my exercise goals, and they went well.

That's great KoKo.

The link you inserted is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  That's great KoKo.

The link you inserted is not working.
                  I did not insert any link, that I am aware of.
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Do you still see it Boudreaux? I deleted the sentence with the star, and then retyped it.

Comment

WoW Boudreaux- Can we call you Iron Man from here on out? Truly amazing!

And so glad you had a nice steady week again, KoKo I love your statement "Practiced some focus, concentration, and visualization (with a good bit of success), regarding leg movement."

I am going to start practicing this for legs as well as using more of my weak left hand and fingers

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Do you still see it Boudreaux? I deleted the sentence with the star, and then retyped it.
                        nope, it's gone.

Comment

First ...Congratulations Mamabug! Something uplifting these days is to be cherished! Glad you are satisfied with work accomplished theis week too.

Boudreaux, that WOD sounds like a challenge! the push-up part with my diminished right arm would need to be scratched but there may be a way... deserves some thought. I know a 28 year old with Crohns. He is now on an infusion drug and says it is a miracle... I'll try and get the name. Also, I agree with you about Seasha's efforts.... We all need a break or more than one at times!

KoKo glad your goals were met and love "...an attitude of gratitude for the things that went 'my way', as well as for the challenges (getting through a challenge has it's own rewards). My ex-trainer would give a !

Had a partial week again. Time spent @ gym, maybe 5 hours plus. Exercises accomplished went well but not as much work put in. Getting set up takes getting use to and patience. But regardless, some routines were better than I expected! No complaints.

Cardio time seemed better this week than last at total of 5.25 miles. Core work on decline bench was @ 60 reps a day (30 degree decline, 3 days). And threw in some ADL work again. Did I mention patience?

My 6 day stretching routine was ok @ 3 hours total, but was better last week, maybe, I think... Hey I did it, 'nuf said!

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Had a partial week again. Time spent @ gym, maybe 5 hours plus. Exercises accomplished went well but not as much work put in. Getting set up takes getting use to and patience. But regardless, some routines were better than I expected! No complaints.

Cardio time seemed better this week than last at total of 5.25 miles. Core work on decline bench was @ 60 reps a day (30 degree decline, 3 days). And threw in some ADL work again. Did I mention patience?

My 6 day stretching routine was ok @ 3 hours total, but was better last week, maybe, I think... Hey I did it, 'nuf said!

Let's keep at it!
                            Hello there Jer

Yes, you did it - a fantastic effort with your exercises, cardio, and stretches! And lest we forget, the setting up of equipment too!

Your determination is superior.

Comment

Yay Jer!

Routines better than expected is a win! Fantastic job again this week

Comment

Working...
                              X