Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 11-05-2020

Sorry I'm a day late.

5 checked in last week.

3 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.
    1 didn't make goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

hello all.....

I had a good week and made goals.

2 night of Jiu Jitsu.......done
    2 runs at 3 miles each.......done
    2 stretch/yoga sessions.......done

I averaged 14.7k steps a day with the highest daily step count being a few steps shy of 17k. Keep it going.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hello everyone

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

I had a good week and made goals.

2 night of Jiu Jitsu.......done
      2 runs at 3 miles each.......done
      2 stretch/yoga sessions.......done
      That's marvelous, Boudreaux!

~ I had a good week too, and accomplished my goals, plus a couple extra points for cleaning my toilet.

I did get myself into one predicament, but with concentration, focus, and breathing technique, I was able to get myself out of the situation safely. Thank the Lord!

My exercises, stretches, and breathing techniques are going very well. I enjoy doing them, as they give me the confidence of having some measure of control over my physical abilities.

Sticking with the same goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hello everyone

That's marvelous, Boudreaux!

~ I had a good week too, and accomplished my goals, plus a couple extra points for cleaning my toilet.
        Excellent. Clean toilets rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post

Excellent. Clean toilets rock.
          Gotta love your sneaky sense of humor, Boudreaux!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nice work Boudreaux and KoKo! Always consistant!

I had to modify my goals as trying to do much with a wrist/thumb brace has been a bit of a challenge. Still managed to babysit 2x for a short while and did some much needed housework, including cleaning toilets.

Hey, do I get extra points too?
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              I had to modify my goals as trying to do much with a wrist/thumb brace has been a bit of a challenge. Still managed to babysit 2x for a short while and did some much needed housework, including cleaning toilets.

Yes Seasha, you certainly do get extra points.

Housework, babysitting, and cleaning toilets with a bum wrist gets you extra super-sized bonus points.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post

Absolutely.....

great job working through the week with added challenges.

Comment

Well I don't know about any extra points as far as my week went but... everyone keep it going!

Had a partial week, a few times bordering on dizzy, but guess I waited or worked through it. I say partial because although time @ gym was close to 6 hours (5.25) the exercises accomplished were fewer.

The set-up for routines actually becomes exercise, when there isn't someone with an agenda and pre-planned equipment ready to go. However on the plus side I focused and was patient and all routines went well... some better than I expected! And that was probably an unspoken goal for the last few weeks.

Mixed cardio still off time wise. Core work on decline bench was normal despite fear of potential dizziness. 180 sit-ups @ 30 degree or better over 3 days.

Also managed to remember a few things I really don't care for and did them anyway (ADLs). May be my bonus points?! (and not a T-bowl in sight)

My 6 day stretching routine was normal @ 3 hours total, but felt a bit looser(?) as the week continued.

Again.... everyone keep it going!

Comment

Hello Jer

Very impressive efforts on your workout and stretching routines, especially since going solo.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    Also managed to remember a few things I really don't care for and did them anyway (ADLs). May be my bonus points?! (and not a T-bowl in sight)
                    Yes, bonus points earned when forcing ourselves to do things that we really don't want to do!

Comment

Good job, Jer! Especially working through the dizziness. Better than expected is a bonus!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Way to push through that dizziness Jer.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words everyone. It really means a lot to me.

Border-line dizzy is upsetting. Being head down on decline bench was the only instance this week, but just one instance is enough.

Coming week is going to be tough. I have arborist (more tree work) scheduled for 2+ days... hoping I can get off property with cherry pickers, etc etc.

A good week to all!

Comment

I'm going to say I made goals. I delayed posting long enough that I don't remember exact details, but I think I made goals.
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                            X