X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaliposters exercise check in thread 10-29-2020

5 checked in last week.

4 made goals.
    I guess I didn't report. Oops; not sure how I did.

We had a great week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last we
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals last week. Things kept happening.
    - Neighbor had plumber and other vehicles blocking the back alley one day so I couldn't get vehicle out to go exercise.
    - Had shingles vaccine one day. Arm hurt horribly for many days so i didn't exercise.
    - Snow two days so I didn't want to drive, etc.

Maybe next week will be better.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Next week will be better Mamabug, gotta get back after it. You've been doing fantastic these last few weeks.

I made goals.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.....got one in, second got canceled because of Zera. I did get a roll in on Saturday morning at the tournament so I'll call it accomplished.
      2 runs at 3 miles each.....done
      2 stretch sessions....did a bunch of stretching this past week. Goal exceeded.

going from memory, I think i averaged 13k steps a day with my best being slightly above 17k. Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hello everyone

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Maybe next week will be better.
        Mamabug ~ Good luck with a better week!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
        I made goals.

2 nights of Jiu Jitsu.....got one in, second got canceled because of Zera. I did get a roll in on Saturday morning at the tournament so I'll call it accomplished.
        2 runs at 3 miles each.....done
        2 stretch sessions....did a bunch of stretching this past week. Goal exceeded.

going from memory, I think i averaged 13k steps a day with my best being slightly above 17k. Keep it going.
        Boudreaux ~ Super!

I had a great week, and accomplished my exercise goals.

Felt strong and had good energy for the most part. Thankful for all of the physical and mental abilities that I am blessed with.

I will continue with the same exercise, stretching, and breathing techniques for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 6X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid nor dismayed...

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

I had a great week, and accomplished my exercise goals.

Felt strong and had good energy for the most part. Thankful for all of the physical and mental abilities that I am blessed with.
          Good job KoKo!

Comment

Good job KoKo!
            Thank you Boudreaux. Support from a Jiu Jitsu, Blue Belt, First Place, Gold Winner - priceless!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

That and 2 bucks might get you a cup of kauphy KoKo.

Comment

That and 2 bucks might get you a cup of kauphy KoKo.
                Thanks! (I do adore my trusted friend kauphy)

Comment

Mamabug, I'm sure you would have made your goal if it weren't as a result of the obstacles!
                  And good work, Bourdreaux and KoKo!

Made goal:
                  I got out in the garden 3x to do some last harvesting and clean up work before we had some frost. Nevertheless, with my wrist/thumb pain/injury, I'm glad I'm done for for the year!

I also babysat 1x and did some much needed dusting in my house (I had dust rhinos- not dust bunnies)

Have a healthy and active week ahead!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    Made goal:
                    I got out in the garden 3x to do some last harvesting and clean up work before we had some frost. Nevertheless, with my wrist/thumb pain/injury, I'm glad I'm done for for the year!

I also babysat 1x and did some much needed dusting in my house (I had dust rhinos- not dust bunnies)
                    Seasha ~ Terrific! Tremendous efforts by you, all performed with wrist injury!

Comment

Wow, you guys are an inspirational group! Tough act to pick just one effort from all your accomplishments this week.

My partial week suffered from a sx I have had before but returned for 4 days in a row - dizziness. Worst of it was short lived (4-5 seconds) but there was a residual effect, a "mental thickness," feeling as if I was on the edge of further dizziness. I am going to point the finger at stress, loss of trainer. There are no coincidences.

I made partial goals, but am thankful for the blessings (KoKo's thought) received to carry on.

Realized how handicapped I really am when facing wrist & ankle attachments / alligator clips / cable connections / 45 lb plates left on equipment, with only one dexterous hand. Some exercises will have to remain undone or approached differently (of which I had one successful instance!).

Patience was called upon and a few other virtues too.

My stretching routine was very close to normal although I did miss one day this week.

Cardio slightly off, but just a bit. Core work on decline bench was slower, methodical due to potential dizziness.

A week filled with change. If there is anything we know about it has to be change, right?

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello Jer

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                        My partial week suffered from a sx I have had before but returned for 4 days in a row - dizziness. Worst of it was short lived (4-5 seconds) but there was a residual effect, a "mental thickness," feeling as if I was on the edge of further dizziness. I am going to point the finger at stress, loss of trainer. There are no coincidences.
                        Hope the dizzies are gone now, Jer.

I have very short-lived bouts too, but never really sure if it's a balance issue, vertigo, dizzy, or minor nystagmus (which I've had a couple times really bad when sick with virus and fever). Usually happens after getting tired from being up and active past my limit.

Good for you on accomplishing partial goals!

If you need to approach some of your exercises differently, well that's ok! You'll figure out how to make the best of it, with what you have to work with.

Terrific efforts with your stretches, cardio, and core work!

Patience was called upon and a few other virtues too.
                        Gee whiz, Jer, you might just turn into a Buddha at the rate you're going.

A week filled with change. If there is anything we know about it has to be change, right?
                        Absolutely!

Comment

Hope the dizzies are gone now
                          Me too! So far, so good, the last hand full of days. Feeling a bit on the cusp of dizziness now and then...

Good for you on accomplishing partial goals!
                          Thanks KoKo!

If you need to approach some of your exercises differently, well that's ok! You'll figure out how to make the best of it, with what you have to work with.
                          Yeah... adaptation is key, but calling upon every virtue I've ever been even remotely associated with.... Now that's priceless.

Gee whiz, Jer, you might just turn into a Buddha at the rate you're going.
                          More aligned with Transformation in Christ - Dietrich von Hildebrand.

Comment

More aligned with Transformation in Christ - Dietrich von Hildebrand.
                            I hear ya, Jer.

Comment

Working...
                            X