Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/15/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/15/18

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a loving Valentine’s Day. I also hope you weren’t bombarded with candy or other sugary delectables. Flowers are a much kinder sign of affection to those who are battling the pounds. If you are stuck with sugary no nos just give them to your worst enemy. We have been in a perpetual deep freeze with snow every day for about two weeks. My roof had to be shoveled to avoid a catastrophe. As it is I have water leaking from my roof to the living room. Ugh. I am truly looking forward to spring.

I lost half a pound this week so now weigh 114. I will try to lose another half pound this coming week.

Agate, I failed to get your report last week so will give it this week. Sorry about your gain and hope you are back to your steady self. Best wishes.

Mamabug, sorry about your tiny gain. Just be thankful it wasn’t more. I hope this week was better for you. You will definitely want to fit into your favorite spring clothes in a few weeks. Good luck.

Hsmaldo, so sorry we didn’t hear from you this week. I hope everything is o.k.

Msgijo, having the flu is really a bummer. I do hope you are feeling better. I’m sure gaining has added to your misery. I am sure you are right about salt adding to your gain along with your medication. I do hope everything is back to normal. Be well.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the New Year is treating you well.

Abidingjones, so sorry to miss you this week. Hope to see you this coming week.

LisaL77, sorry about your gain but it truly might be because of all the salt. When my son visits and we go out for Indian cuisine I am sure to gain several pounds. Of course I also eat more and then there are the left overs. I suspect you will be back to normal this week. Best wishes.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Picture your goal weight the next time a trigger strikes to help you resist temptation.” This truly can be helpful. If you do this focus on how happy you will be when you reach that magic number.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.5 pound. I am pleased about the loss. May we all be in this column next week.

Total Gain:

6.2 pounds by three members. It takes courage to admit the truth. May we all be in the loss column next week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4058.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 1.0 lbs

Recent weights:
    02/15/18: 136.2 lbs
    02/08/18: 137.2 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Lost 2 pounds .

2/8 123.5
      2/18 121.5

Having the flu has helped with the weight loss - I am eating very little. Even the 'treats' aren't anything that I want right now. I am eating soup and light sandwiches and drinking OJ and hot tea. And water. Lots of water.
      I will try to build on this and attempt to lose half a pound this week.

Mamabug - Great loss .

Karen - Another good loss .

Comment

Sorry about my absences! Time just goes too fast for me.

I'm still at 121 unfortunately.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

146, and that is after a salty dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant last night with a friend.

So, everyone here is so dedicated, I want to tell you GREAT JOB, and I am so grateful I found you. I am so ecstatic about my weight loss so far, and my boyfriend is also pleased. He sees I am happier and more vivacious as I lose the weight. My profile is slimming and that is pleasing to us both.

I have not been super strict with the anti inflammatory diet, but as time passes, I am getting better at refusing temptations, making better choices. I am improving on water consumption, too. I went from 3 cups of coffee a day to 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of peppermint green tea. That is a huge improvement.

My neurologist appointment went well. She gave me Vitamin D tabs-prescription, and also suggested turmeric pills. I will be picking those up tomorrow. She mentioned provigil for my fatigue problem, but also said she knows I hate medication since I am so sensitive to side effects. It boils down to me getting fractured sleep, so we are trying to improve my sleep hygiene and increase sleep time. I want to be as natural as possible, I have bad reactions to medication Every. Single. Time.

Everyone keep up the good work. This group is awesome!

agate: holding steady is still good.
          msgijo: glad you are feeling better!
          mamabug: 1 pound, awesome!
          ShrinkKaren: 1/2 pound is awesome and a healthy rate of loss!
          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Up 3.5 lbs to 226.1.

I can't seem to shake myself out of this funk and it's frustrating. I'm in the middle of a busy season again at work, it's rainy and blah (although WARM!!) lately and I'm not getting enough rest. It's all adding up. The GOOD thing though, is that I'm heading to a couples retreat sponsored by our Regional MS Society on Friday with my hubby and I hope to recharge a little bit at that. I'm pretty excited about that.

My Father-in-law is out of the hospital and doing well. I'm SO thankful for that since I know that things that like this can start a downward spiral, but he is doing much better!

My parents just got back from their trip to my aunt's funeral. I didn't make it out there, but all my aunts and uncles were able to, and that was what really mattered.

I hurt my hand while we were splitting wood on Saturday, I got it caught between a 800 lb log and the metal wood-splitter. OUCH. The x-ray didn't show any fractures, but two fingers are still tender and I don't think the upcoming rainy weather is helping much. But I'm so glad that there weren't any broken bones--especially since it was my right hand, the pointer and middle finger. That would slow me down too much!!!

My primary care physician is retiring in April, so I'll have my last physical with her before she goes. I don't know what I'll do--I have been seeing her for the last 14 years and it's going to be hard to find a dr that I like or trust as much as her!

On another note, my hubby had a blood test done and it came back positive for a marker for Lupus. He's going to follow-up with a rheumatologist, but he doesn't seem to be overly concerned about it. I on the other hand, managed to freak out about it--only one of us are allowed to have a chronic disease and I got there first!! So we'll see in a few weeks how this starts to play out. I know from my experience with MS that we won't get a diagnosis immediately, but that it's just a starting point of testing.

On the GOOD side of things--because there always has to be something good!! Spring is coming--the days are getting longer and horse show season is starting up soon! I've still been practicing and getting used to my new camera lens. Also, my parents are planning a trip out here over spring break and I'm super excited to see them again. The girls are growing up too fast and I love that they are able to come out and spend time with us.

Okay, enough of this novel. I know the next weigh-in is tomorrow, so I'll save some of my life saga for that!

Lisa, it's nice to meet you!

Karen--I'm sorry to hear about your leaky roof--I hope you're able to get it fixed soon and that spring comes to your neck of the woods soon too!

agate--I hear you!!!

msgijo--I'm so sorry to hear that you had the flu! It's been so horrible and nasty! But I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better!

Mamabug--good job!! keep it up!

Comment

Working...
            X