X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 02/08

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goals. Good job to all of those who succeeded this week.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two missed goals.
    Seasha, I hope your head cold / sinus infection improves soon.
    My goodness, Karen. Illness, injury -- get well soon.

OTHER:
    Two are setting goals for next week.
    Diamond -- Thanks for joining us and setting a goal. We hope to see you back next week.
    AbidingJones -- Welcome to you, as well. It's great to see you also setting a goal. We'll see you back next week too!

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 02-10-2018, 06:20 PM. Reason: I'm adding my summary late, because my desktop was not working for awhile and I was limited to phone. Also, I was out of town and AFK (away from keyboard) for a couple of days.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Walking

Hi All!

I added an extra day this past week. Unfortunately, I fell yesterday smack into a cement wall. My glass are destroyed and have to large eggs under my eyebrow and my left cheekbone. So have to take it easy the next few days.

But made my goal adding a day.

Sun - 2711
    Mon - 1408
    Tues -3043
    Weds - 1807 (Before fall)

Total steps 8969 for 4 days. I guess I would like to be able to walk 2500 4 days next week because I know between my back problem and fall I will take it easier the next couple days.

Susie ;D

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Goal - >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day.

Thu 5956
      Fri 7288
      Sat 7500
      Sun 5501
      Mon 4398
      Tue 5932
      Wen 5918

I walked over 4000 steps all 7 days with an average of 6065 steps/day, so I made my goals.
      (Actually I made goals last week also, but didn't report).
      Even tho I am suffering with the flu right now I will continue with the same goal for next week.

Diamond57 - So sorry to hear about your fall . Glad to hear that you were able to meet your goal in spite of the fall, and yes take it a bit easy until you are healed up.

Comment

So sorry to hear of your fall, Susie. Hope you heal quickly!

And msjigo - Wow! What a trooper - hope you get over that flu quickly!

I barely made my goal, but I did. You know, at this point in time with progressive MS, just getting some movement each day, however I can do it, is a plus for me. I will continue to plod along with my babysitting, yoga and housework.

I hope to add a bit of more walking outside for next weeks goal. It has rained for 3 weeks straight, so may have to walk in the rain. Maybe I'll be singing in the rain to help me get by these darkened wet days.

Have a good week ahead everyone!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I did not make goal of leg and arm weight lifting. I couldn't make myself to it, just to boring. I did keep moving with housework, sweeping and cleaning bath/r also done some laundry.

I got my bike moved so I am hoping to ride it 3 days and to just keep moving whatever that will be.

msgijo-- What a good job. I am so sorry you have the flu You take care of yourself and don't over do it.

Seasha - Glad you made goal, babysitting, yoga and housework is a great workout.

Diamond-- Good job making goal. You really had a bad fall. I hope you heal soon.

Just keep moving everyone
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks

Just doing a lot of icing my had feels better.

Have a pleasant weekend!

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Lots of shoveling.

No stretching.

Still relapsing, so I am shocked I am doing as well as I am.
              Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Hi everyone

Good to see that everyone is putting their bodies in motion, in so many different ways.

That is the ultimate goal - putting the body in motion, regardless of the activity, and in accordance with our own abilities.

I am unable to do heavy housework, or shovel snow, etc. But for now I am able to walk with my rollator, slow and awkward as that may be! It gives me a small feeling of some control, and I enjoy it, struggle and all.

Made my goal of up on feet and standing or moving (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - including 5 walks during the week at 30 min each - and daily stretches.

Wishing everyone the energy and strength to move your bodies to the best of your abilities!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Didn't make goal. Made a partial goal.

These were my goals:
                  1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day.
                  2. Exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT or something else.

Steps:
                  Th- 1947 steps
                  F - 1829 steps
                  S - 1674 steps
                  S - 1654 steps plus I went to the pool so I had about 500 additional steps
                  Mon - 2294 steps, Wellness Center
                  Tue - 2148 steps
                  W - 1968 steps
                  Total: 14,014 steps; average 2002 per day

I didn't exercise 4 days, only 3. I made my steps goal, but just barely.

I'll continue the same goals for next week. It does feel satisfying to be setting goals again, after the break that I took, even though I didn't do as well as I had hoped to.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X