X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 01/25/18

Six people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED:
    Three made goals. One made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    One did not. Sorry about your fall, Seasha.

OTHER:
    One set goals for next week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

These were my goals:
    1. Increase steps slightly, to average of 2,000 per day.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 4 times out of 7 days.

Steps:
    Th- 1646 steps,

F - 1434 steps,
    S - 1824 steps
    S - 2094 steps,
    Mon - 2611 steps,
    Tue - 2264 steps, Silver Sneakers
    W - 2498 steps,
    Total: 14,371 steps; average 2053 per day

I think I did PT four times, not as much as I should have, but I'm going to say that I made my goal because I didn't specify how many of my exercises I should do.

I'll continue the same goals for next week. It does feel satisfying to be setting goals again, after the break that I took.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Goal - >4000 steps/day on 4 or more days with an average of 3500 steps/day.

Thu 5846
      Fri 6365
      Sat 6301
      Sun 5457
      Mon 5733
      Tue 7919
      Wen 7977

I made over 4000 steps every day last week and averaged 6517 steps/day .
      I also shopped one day, did volunteer work one day, mopped house and rearranged furniture in den one day, as well as the normal duties (animals, cooking, dishes and laundry). Today is my day off!

The weather here is SO fickle - Highs in the low 70's a couple of days followed by a couple of days that it barely gets above freezing. At least even the cold days are beautiful sunny days .
      I suppose that I need to use the warmer days to get a jump start on yard work.

Mamabug - Great job ! It is good to see you back with goals again.

Hope that everyone is staying warm and safe.

Comment

I made goal of doing leg lifts with 1lb. weights on ea leg and arms with 3 lb. weights. I did 3 sets of 12 for both. I did laundry and I done some extra walking. Until I get my bike moved I will keep doing legs and arm weights. I will stay at 1 and 3 lb weights next wk and then I will move up to heavier weights.

Mamabug-- Great job this wk. and I'm glad you are feeling better and setting goals again.

msgijo -- Great job making goal + some.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Great work everyone! I knew you could do it, Mambug and I'm happy for you.

Guess we're on a roll as I've fully recovered and met my goal of being active for at least 5 out of the 7 days! Helped babysit for 3 of those days (3 hrs each), grocery shopping, yoga and even took a couple mini walks in my dirt/gravel driveway with my walker. Goal for next week is the same and bonus is getting rid of stuff from my very crowded closets.

Doesn't it feel good getting out there and moving?
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Wow!

Wow - so nice to see that everyone had a good week of exercising, with so many different ways of keeping our bodies in motion!

I made goal too - up on my feet (with rollator) standing, walking, doing activities for 30 min, 4X a day - and stretches. Did 2 walks, at 30 min each, during the week.

One of my walks went smooth, while the other took a great amount of effort, but was doable.

I have come to appreciate being able to walk more than ever.

Wishing everyone another good body motion filled week!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not quite make my goal

I did all of my many exercises on three days but missed weight lifting on one of the four. I am pleased that I have made this much progress after my lull during the holidays. Congratulations to all of you who are doing so well. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                I did all of my many exercises on three days but missed weight lifting on one of the four. I am pleased that I have made this much progress after my lull during the holidays. Congratulations to all of you who are doing so well. Karen
                Karen ~ You have done a wonderful job of getting back into exercising, after your busy holiday season.

I had neither stress, nor was I busy, during this past holiday season - but I sure remember the times when I was. 'Down for the count' for weeks!
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Coming Back!

Hi Faith and Gang! I've been starting to walk again and this will help me motivate me to do it. So many things have changed for all of us. Soooooo I hope to have a number up there for you Feb 1st.

I'll do my best.

I've read some of the posts and I see youv'e been through lots of change as myself. I don't see some of the people on I used to. I pray for all.

Nice to be back for ahile.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                  RRMS
                  Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Welcome Susie and glad you are with us! For starters, it's always good to set a reasonable goal according to your ability. I think most of us here just need the motivation and support of this group to keep moving however we can.

See you on the 1st and good luck
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond57 View Post
                      Hi Faith and Gang! I've been starting to walk again and this will help me motivate me to do it.
                      Terrific! Looking forward to having you here!

Comment

Hello Susie, Happy you can join us.
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

This thread is awesome. Loving how people pace themselves and don't over do it. It is 'on my radar' to begin activity. This even includes housework, because it does take effort to do housework, shoveling, etc and I do consider it activity. I once lost 27 pounds organizing/cleaning my house, shed, garage, and doing lawnwork. No lie. You may see me here in the future.
                          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Hello Lisa and I hope you will join us soon.
                            God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome, Lisa. Yup; we set our own goals and housework counts. Good for you, for doing your own. I hire someone to do mine because I don't have much stamina.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X