• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 10/05/17

6 of us checked in.

GOALS REACHED:

4 of us made our goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    2 of us missed our goals. No problem; I think that, even checking in shows that we are remaining cognizant about needing to keep moving. That is already meeting an unstated goal. We'll all just keep on trying.

OTHER:
    --

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Here are my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days. Attending PT appointment will count; I might, or might not, also do PT exercises on appointment days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 1514 steps, PT appt.

F - 838 steps, PT at home
    S - 1102 steps, PT at home
    S - 950 steps, PT at home
    Mon - 2254 steps, PT appt
    Tue - 1106 steps
    W - 2721 steps, Silver Sneakers at the Y
    Total: 10,544 steps; average 1508 per day

I have only one more PT appointment. Six weeks of twice a week is just about over. I'll keep the same goals for one more week and might evaluate next week, depending on what PT tells me to do at my last appointment. But, I do want to continue what we've been working on. I seem to have more strength during appointments to do more than I could do at first and I can get by with fewer breaks. I really don't notice any difference at home in my day-to-day abilities. But, I'm hopeful that the PT has helped, overall. And, that it will continue to help -- either in building strength and stamina, or even in just delaying or preventing additional decline.

My sprained toe seems to be improving. I sprained it in July. I kept it taped to the neighboring toe as a splint for the first 2 or 3 weeks. That medical tape was always uncomfortable, especially in a shoe, so after it improved somewhat, I quit taping it. But, it almost seemed as if the healing slowed or stopped for a few weeks.
    So I started splinting it to the next toe with a ponytail elastic instead. also began wearing shoes, even in the house. This combination seemed to provide more support and seemed to work for a few days, but then my toe hurt in a different place, as if the splint might have been too tight. So, I ordered an actual toe splint on Amazon and I've been using that this week. It seems to help. I'm pretty tired of this healing process.
    ~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goal - walked over 3000 steps a day 7 out of 7 days . Average steps / day = 3660.

I have still not decided what (if any) additional goals I wish to pursue. Other activities that I perform are not ongoing, so it would be a each week thing .

SO, Next weeks goal is to continue with 3000 steps on 3 or more days AND to clean out greenhouse and to get it ready for moving plants into during cold months.

Comment

I'm back and ready to start some kind of plan/goal for the next week. The stress I've gone though this past month with my mom's passing has left me so weak and any small gain I had has gone down the drain.

So, I will try: (Try the key word)
        My arm weights again - 6 exercises, 5 reps, 2x/week.
        Garden harvesting is a must! 2x/week.
        Start unpacking my mom's things shipped from her place. (8 large boxes) That should keep me busy and using some muscle!

I missed you all and am happy you are all making your goals
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Well I guess I can say I have made my goal of keep moving. I have been sweeping floors this week. I have done laundry. I had a Dr. appoint. and I had errands to run.

Seasha, I am so sorry about your mom. passing. I know how hard it can be. Mine passed in 1972 and I still miss her to this day.

Good job everyone and lets keep moving.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal of walk/stand/activities (with rollator) for 30min, 4X a day, each day, and daily stretches.

Some minutes, some hours, and some days I have to use 110% effort to accomplish moving (my body).

But getting out of the chair and on my feet is so beneficial in all ways.

Taking it one day at a time!

Wishing good energy for all.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

I made all of my goals but it is getting increasingly difficult as is just walking albeit with my walker.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Mamabug, so sorry about your toe. I hope it heals soon.

Seasha, so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Blessings to you and your family.

Best wishes to all. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X