Exercise Check-In for 09/28/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 09/28/17

Sorry I'm late in posting this. Was waiting for hubby to fix sync problem with my Garmin tracker, but I should have posted this while I waited yesterday, to get things started.

5 of us checked in.

GOALS REACHED:

We all made our goals.

GOALS MISSED:
    None of us didn't make any goals.

OTHER:
    --

Exercise Tip:
    I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals

Here are my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days. Attending PT appointment will count; I might, or might not, also do PT exercises on appointment days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 1549 steps, PT appt.

F - 1225 steps, PT at home
    S - 1103 steps, PT at home
    S - 2101 steps, PT at home
    Mon - 1927 steps, PT appt
    Tue - 1569 steps
    W - 1080 steps, PT at home
    Total: 10,544 steps; average 1508 per day

I'm not able to get my activity tracker to sync correctly with my computer right now, so I can't record my steps. Will try again later, or get hubby to help. It syncs and says it is current, but the most recent info it records was from Saturday.

My sprained toe is still healing. Checked with doc last week, to see if healing time was still in the "range of normal". He said toes and fingers can take a long time to heal. As long as it isn't getting worse, he said I could wait another 3 or 4 weeks before worrying.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I did not make my goal. I haven't been home much. I have done quite a lot of walking but I don't feel like I made my goal.

Good job Mamabug.

I hope all is well with everyone and you reached your goals.

Thinking of you Seasha.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made my goals of walk/stand/activities (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day, and daily stretches.

Thankful for what I am able to do.

Wishing good energy to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made my goal of 3000 steps/day. But it was a very low energy week .

Thu 2935
          Fri 2257
          Sat 2304
          Sun 2139
          Mon 3245
          Tue 4424
          Wen 4714

Ended up averaging 2785 steps/day.

I did very little more than 'have to's' all week - unfortunately, on the higher step days I had more things that required me to 'have to' do! One of those days I had to get chicken feed and on another day I had to go and get cat/dog food. Monday was just pushing through because I realized that unless I started "getting with the program" on that day I would not be able to meet my goal.

KoKo - great job .

Reg, I am sure that you did more than you are taking credit for. Not being at home and walking a lot means that you have been active. I am reminded of the times my husband was in the hospital - I was not at home much (dd came and took care of the animals for me ) and other than walking from parking lot to his room I don't remember doing much walking, but my activity tracker told me that I had walked way more than I would have taken credit for . IMO not being at home forces us to do more - be more active than normal.
          Hope that things are more normal for you this week .

Faith - Great job . Making it to PT a couple of times each week and doing PT at home on other days shows a lot of commitment. Keep up the good work .

AWESOME JOB to all who are trying to be more active .

Comment

Thank you msgijo .
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi,
              I didn't exercise at all this past week. I'm "enjoying" the Summer of the Klutz and praying that it'll end soon. Just some sprained/strained/ripped/HolyCrapBatmanThisHURTS muscles in my shoulder and arm. Honestly, all I remember doing was throwing a tennis ball for my friend's dog to chase. Once.
              Yes, I went to the doctor's office. the NP has ordered some PT and I'm starting at the end of the week, but I may call & ask for some help/referral to an orthopedic doc. It's getting steadily more painful. Holding a glass of water is now impossible.
              ~crapaflapnasty~
              Anyway, can this just all just be over now?
              Wish me luck folks, I'm gonna need it.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                Hi,
                I didn't exercise at all this past week. I'm "enjoying" the Summer of the Klutz and praying that it'll end soon. Just some sprained/strained/ripped/HolyCrapBatmanThisHURTS muscles in my shoulder and arm. Honestly, all I remember doing was throwing a tennis ball for my friend's dog to chase. Once.
                Yes, I went to the doctor's office. the NP has ordered some PT and I'm starting at the end of the week, but I may call & ask for some help/referral to an orthopedic doc. It's getting steadily more painful. Holding a glass of water is now impossible.
                ~crapaflapnasty~
                Anyway, can this just all just be over now?
                Wish me luck folks, I'm gonna need it.
                Hi Tina

Darn - so sorry to hear about your shoulder and arm.

And just when your knee was getting back to healthy! Not fair!

Wishing you an extra large dose of good luck!

Take Care
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Tina - Didn't you hear? It's Autumn already, so you are entitled to simply refuse any more "Summer of the Klutz" junk.
                  Move on into nice relaxing fall activities like looking at the colorful leaf displays, directing the grandchildren as to which apples you want picked and (I hesitate to suggest this one, but...) scooping the guts outta a pumpkin and then carving out a halloween face on it. Maybe let the grands carve the pumpkin while you bake up some pumpkin goodies (think pumpkin seeds and pies) .

SERIOUSLY, I am sorry to hear about your latest injury. I had shoulder problems several years ago and it HURTS. AND you are next to helpless - no lifting food or drink to mouth w/o pain, unable to brush hair and yeah the elliptical is definitely out. Putting on Bras required assistance and belts are something that other people manage too .

I hope that you had a good visit other than your injury and that you start feeling better soon . BTW - wishing you tons of good luck

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Hi Everyone. I made all my goals but don't know how I will do this week. My back is killing me. I hate to think of going to another doctor. I am getting sick of the medical profession just because I continue to need consulting with one or more of it's members. It seems like if it is not one thing it is something else. Maybe I just need to see a gerontologist on a weekly basis. LOL

Good luck to all. Karen

Comment

Thank you!

You are truly the best of the best.
                      I'll try to remember it's not the Summer of the Klutz anymore msgijo, but this IS me.
                      Thanks KoKo, I'll take that luck.
                      I did go to the orthopedic doc. I was clever enough to wrench things enough to pinch a nerve. Dad always did say if you're going to do something-go all the way.
                      On to PT tomorrow, not sure it doesn't stand for "private torture", so this should be fun?
                      "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                      Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
                      X