Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/21/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/21/17

Hi Everyone. I just want to express my undying appreciation for this group. Expressing my successes and failures really does keep me from regaining lost weight. Your suggestions are valued. I realize I don’t know everything and welcome different points of view. I would truly be lost without a weekly weigh in. I suppose I could join a group like Weight Watchers or TOPS but I have found them less effective than is this forum. Besides getting to meetings has become a daunting endeavor, It is increasingly more difficult to get out and about. All I can say is Thank You to one and all. And keep fighting the good fight.

Happy days are here again. This week I weigh 115 so lost two pounds. I am thrilled and will try to lose half a pound this coming week.

Agate, good going as usual. Sorry to hear about all of that daunting paper work. I hope it ends soon. I’m also sorry to hear about your pesky internet connection. I hope that has been corrected. Keep on truckin’.

Mamabug, so sorry about your gain after several weeks of losses. I do hope you can get back to your losing mode. I know you can do it. Your successful history tells me so. Do get back on the horse.

Hsmaldo, sorry about your gain but glad it was no worse. I hear you about “life getting in the way.” With all of your responsibilities I marvel that you are able to take out some time for your weight loss goals. It is a good idea to do as you said, to take changes slowly. I have every confidence that you will get there. Congrats on the new kitty. That should be fun.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

Msgijo, congratulations on the loss. That cobbler sounds beyond delicious. Good for you for saving it in small portions. Sorry to hear about your thyroid being overactive. I hope results of taking medication won’t throw you off weight wise. I am sure you will adapt just fine.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Give your protein extra low-calorie flavor by adding a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce.”

This seems like obvious advice but changing flavors is certainly worth considering. Using the same flavors all the time can be boring. Many of us have restricted certain foods that we found delicious in the past. Low calorie flavors can add zest to ones life. Try experimenting.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.5 pound by one member. Congratulations to our one member who is in the loss column. It’s good to have a reminder that it can be done. May we all be here this coming week.

Total Gain:

4.7pounds by 3 members. Sorry about all the gains. Thank you for checking in. We need to be reminded that it can happen to the best of us. May we all be in the loss column next time.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4023.71 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs

9/07/17: 134.2 lbs
    9/14/17: 135.8 lbs
    9/21/17: 135.4 lbs

I don't even know if it's about "getting on the horse". There often seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether I lose or gain. Sometimes, I can identify poor dietary choices, but, many times, my choices seem to be the same as always, yet the scale seems to go either direction.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.2 pounds . Still in range, but a bummer . I will attempt to lose half a pound this week.

I am really not sure why - I didn't to so badly this past week. But my jeans were telling me that I had NOT lost any weight before I got on the scales.

9/14 117.9
      9/21 118.1

Karen - Great loss . Sounds like you maybe got your freezer problems resolved? In any event keep up the good work.

Faith - Good loss . Like you, I can usually pinpoint the reason why I gain weight, but not always. Same with losses - sometimes I am surprised when I show a big loss and haven't done anything that much different . I guess all that we can do is to continue to eat the way we know is right for us and roll with the fluctuations.

Agate - thanks for the positive spin that you put on me eating cobbler, but I KNEW that if it was in eyesight that I would eat it until it was gone. Good job at staying the same .

Hsmaldo - yep, you have lost your mind . I can say that because last year I acquired a couple of felines (one kitten and one was grown). They were both SUPOSE to be 'barn cats' but spend more time in the house than outside . But DH is worse - he adopted 6 dogs (yes that's correct SIX dogs) - not all at same time but one (even 2) is more than enough.
      I simply had to LOL at your story about baked okra - never heard of fixing it that way. I have googled it and will be trying that soon.

Good luck to all in the coming week .

Comment

I'm definitely coming to the game a bit late this week--tomorrow is time for the next weigh-in, but I wanted to get last week's recorded. I was down .6 lbs from 216.7 to 216.1. I was glad I halted the upward trend, but I just seem to be wavering around this range. I'd rather hang out in the 180's range!! Slowly but surely, one meal/snack at a time. I know it's possible!

msgijo--thanks for the confirmation of my lost mind! LOL!! And SIX dogs?!! Wow!!

Karen, thank you for keeping these threads going! I enjoy coming here and checking in with all of you and having somewhere I can ramble on and on...and on...and on...

I hate to admit, yesterday and last night were the first night that we haven't put our new kitty back in the bathroom while we're sleeping or not at home. Today is her first full day out and about in the house while we're gone. Hubby found a knocked over glass of water from her escapades last night, but that's minor and easily cleaned up. Hopefully all goes well...

I have another horse show that I'm photographing tomorrow and Friday. I am still BLOWN AWAY by the opportunity to do this! It such an experience--though the hours are LONG--I have to leave my house by 5:15 am and the show starts at 7:30 and goes until 8 or 9 pm, then an hour long drive home and do it again on Friday...and the pay isn't great...but the experience of being a part of this and having my pictures seen is still such a thrill to me! Sorry if I sound like a broken record here, but it still just boggles my mind--and I LOVE it!

One thing I really struggle with is getting enough sleep. I have started writing lists of things to do at home--things I have to take care of for the girls, myself, projects I want to work on, etc. I've always written lists at work to keep me on track, but more and more at home found that I kept forgetting things and then would have to stay up later to work on them--things that HAD to be done. Writing these lists have kept me focused at home too and we were able to get into bed 2 hours earlier than the night before--and I was still able to get a bunch of things accomplished.

Have to keep trying to make sleeping a priority--for my whole family--because I totally turn into a cranky momma without enough sleep!

I'll try to check in sometime this weekend or next week for tomorrow's weigh-in. Hope all you ladies have a great week!

Comment

Working...
        X