Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/14/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/14/17

Hi Everyone. I happened upon the Dr. Oz show on the 11th and Oprah was his guest. The emphasis was on her struggle with her weight over the years culminating on her latest weight loss plan. Perhaps you all already know she has been on Weight Watchers for a number of months and has lost over 40 pounds. She feels this plan is just right for her. I wish her the best. It is the same old story what is best for one is not necessarily best for another. I tried Weight Watchers a number of years ago with no success whereas Atkins totally did it for me. I was never hungry and lost consistently. Not everyone has such success on that diet but I am thankful I found it. All we can do is find our own way and stick to it. I keep hoping the best for all of us.

Alas I had a substantial gain, 1.5 pounds so now weigh 117. I am totally disgusted with myself and vow to do better this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope you are well.

Mamabug, that is great that you again lost something. Several weeks losing means you are doing something right. Those fractions add up and also mean you aren’t gaining. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, terrific! What a good loss. I knew you could do it. That is wonderful that the horse show turned out so well. Your pictures are obviously stunning. How wonderful to have such a talent. You don’t have to tell me about time flying. And it does go faster the older one gets. Sometimes we have to catch a breath. Good luck with all of your activities.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well.

Msgijo, sorry to hear you are not feeling shipshape. Also sorry to hear about the gain. I predict you will lose this coming week. Good luck with the appeal. Keep doing what you are typically doing. It certainly works for you.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Turn dinner into a healthy lunch the next day by wrapping your lean leftovers in a whole wheat wrap. Add a little Dijon mustard or curry powder for added flavor.”

This suggestion besides being tasty is also a great time saver.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.1 pounds by three members. Congratulations are in order. That is a surprising ratio, losers versus gainers. May we all be losers next week.

Total Gain:

3.1pounds by 1 member. So sorry for the gain but it is bound to happen from time to time. It can be a humbling experience and a reminder that we aren’t perfect but do our best.

Stayed The Same:

0 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4023.21 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.5 pounds this week to put me at 117.9 pounds. Still in range. I will try to loss another half a pound this week.

I had some peach cobbler last night - with ice cream on top - and brought it to my desk to enjoy. I pulled up this forum and Karen had already posted this weight loss thread . Oh well, the cobbler was so good (guilty but good). And I did put the rest of the cobbler into single serving portion dishes and into the freezer .

I found out Tuesday that my thyroid is overactive. That MAY be a reason that it is so easy for me to lose / maintain a low weight. The doctor has started me on meds to correct the problem, but now I am concerned what this is going to do as far as my weight . Maybe I can get it to the low end of a high range so that I will not be so tired but still have a high metabolism .

We are currently in a period of cooler weather which reminds me that it is time to get busy. Holidays coming soon, winter preps to take care of before it gets cold, all sorts of things to do.

Hope everyone has a great loosing week .

Comment

Gained 1.8 lbs

08/10/17: 134.8 lbs
      08/17/17: 135.8 lbs
      8/24/17: 134.8 lbs
      8/31/17: 134.4 lbs

9/07/17: 134.2 lbs
      9/14/17: 135.8 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Well, it was short-lived...I'm up 1.4 lbs from 215.3 to 216.7. But it's still not as high as it had been.

I'll be honest--I'm not as committed to losing weight as I have been in the past or as committed as I should be. Because, you know...life keeps happening and getting in the way!

However, it's kind of a reminder to myself to just make changes slowly and one at a time so that it's not so overwhelming.

This week has been tough--all of us are getting used to the new schedules, none of us are getting as much sleep as we should be and since there wasn't enough going on and not enough excitement in our lives, we decided to adopt a cat. I think at this point I have truly lost my mind.

We had been discussing it--the girls have wanted a pet FOREVER and at the end of August we all went for allergy testing--I was SURE that we were allergic--but NONE of us were. At all. So I put in the application and on Sunday, we went to meet our kitty and ended up bringing her home with us. She's about a year old--I wasn't crazy enough to get a kitten!! And she is the SWEETEST thing! So we kept her in the bathroom to help acclimate her to the new house and she was doing so well, so we let her out to explore on Monday night--and on Tuesday, realized she had fleas.

So, she has been stuck back in the bathroom, I had the fun task of getting her to swallow a pill--I think she's forgiven me already and the scratches are healing nicely. I've been vacuuming, and spraying flea repellant around the house and washing any and all clothing and bedding that she came in contact with. In addition to packing lunches, having the girls do all their homework, and dealing with all the other fun stuff and activities that have started up this week.

There may have been some stress eating/fast food places involved in all of this--but sadly, not enough coffee!

BUT, things could have been worse and the flea issue seems to have been resolved and IT'S FRIDAY!!! And last night I was able to make dinner and steam up 3 quarts of the green beans I had picked with the girls on Saturday and roasted the okra that we also got on Saturday. The most hilarious thing is watching my family fight over OKRA. I of course claimed the larger portion since I was the one to pick it all and prepare it. But the look on my 7 year olds face when I told her there wasn't anymore...it was PRICELESS!!! At least I know that they're eating healthy (sometimes!!)

Msgijo--great job freezing the remaining cobbler! That sure helps with the temptation of eating it all right away! Also, sorry to hear about your thyroid--I hope you and your dr will be able to get you on the right balance of medication sooner rather than later!

Karen and Mamabug--we're all in the same boat with the gains...sorry to hear it--but I know we can all do it!!

Comment

Sorry I've been up to my eyeballs in paperwork and details that seem to keep me entirely too busy--in addition to coping with an unstable Internet connection.

I'm still at 121.

hsmaldo, congratulations on the kitten! I've almost always had a cat in my life (though there's none just now), often starting with a kitten. I hope that the fleas won't return.

A cat that goes outside will pick up fleas, and even my indoor cats got an occasional flea in spite of monthly treatments with Frontline or Advantage. The treatments were costly but fleas are no fun to have around.

msgijo, this shows really admirable restraint:

And I did put the rest of the cobbler into single serving portion dishes and into the freezer .
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X